Tuesday 6 May 2008

11 weeks 3 days - changing body, lovely weather in the UK!

My goodness! What has HAPPENED to England?? It's suddenly turned into a gorgeous summer! Yesterday's weather was absolutely perfect! We invited my in-laws over for a BBQ - and J's sister and fiance too who are vegan. I asked Steve to bring a big umbrella with him incase it rained (the 5 day forecast we had a few days ago said it was going to be cloudy with intermittant rain! haha!), but in the end it wasnt needed. :D We had a lovely time sitting out in the garden and chatting, eating. J cooked the food beautifully, and the potatoes and salad I did went down a treat. Naomi and Ben brought their own BBQ food - vegan sausages, kebabs, samosas, that kind of thing. After we ate we went for a walk around the town - up through the gate at the top of the garden, then along the fields and round in a big circle. It was a lovely walk, and made me appreciate the town we live in a lot more. I thought the street we lived in was the only nice one in town, but I was wrong, which is great :) And we passed by a shop in town with an advert in the window advertising a table and 4 chairs for �40... mght have to go and have a look at that at some point! We do really need a dining set. I seem to have a sunburnt patch on my chest from the sun... ah well, it's not very sore, just a bit pink ;)

And yesterday with the sun and the good times flowing I just felt so overwhelmingly HAPPY that I'm pregnant, and that inside me is growing my first little son or daughter. I keep rubbing my tummy gently... there's no real bump there yet, just the same flubber that's been there since before I got pregnant, but I just feel so connected with this tiny being I know is inside me.. already! It's hard to imagine how I will feel in 6 days when I see my baby on that screen. I'm 11 weeks and 3 days pregnant. When I reach 12 weeks on Saturday it will be just AMAZING :D Just... wow. But I'm also a little nervous because I know my mother had two threatened miscarriages at 12 weeks each time. I think I will be over the moon if I reach 13 weeks with no problems or bleeding. I have had NOTHING like that at all since about 6 weeks pregnant, no spotting, nothing. I have had a LOT of EWCM for well over a week now, each time I go to the bathroom. But I'm assuming that's normal, since I'm not spotting with it.

Thank you Jemma for that link you sent me about the cloth nappies! I'll try and fill that form out for nappylady this week sometime. I'm so excited to be thinking about things like this - I think J would prefer disposables - he's all about the convenience, and I do admit, if I'm not strict with myself, I'd end up choosing convenience over effort too. But it's something I really want to try for my baby. I've also been watching a lot of youtube videos and things like that about breastfeeding latches and positions - I want to do everything I can to make sure that the baby will be able to breastfeed from me when s/he arrives. My sister-in-law as far as I know still isn't able to breastfeed very often, I think she still tries for the morning feeds, but she says she doesn't have a lot of milk. My mother also didn't have a lot of milk for my brother. I just really hope it's not the same for me.

I'm pretty sure that something IS happening to my tummy, lately whenever I scrunch over a bit, my tummy feels a lot firmer, and also when I laugh sometimes I can feel it's different. Also, my nipples are changing - J has noticed them getting bigger *rolls eyes*, I've noticed them getting darker. Not that difficult for me to notice anyway, my areola since forever have been practically the same colour as my breasts. But now... they definitely stand out! It's so fun noticing all these little things about my body that are changing with pregnancy. I just can't WAIT til I start showing. :D I wonder how big I'll get?

Well tomorrow is our 3 year wedding anniversary. And we're finally pregnant! Our last anniversary just us two. Well, hopefully! I'm just so happy to be having a baby at last. Hope you're all well, and thanks for reading. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment