Tuesday 13 May 2008

12 weeks 3 days - not down from the scan "high" yet!

Thank you all SO much for your messages! I just can't help but almost cry when I read them, or see the pics, or think about any of it all. The support I have found here since I got pregnant is just amazing, and really makes my day whenever I get a comment from any of you!

I just can't stop looking at those ultrasound pics. I wish I could just reach my hand into my belly and stroke sausage's little head! Since I saw little sausage on that screen yesterday morning, I have just gone through such a huge array of wonderful emotions. Relief, joy, awe, and a million others I just can't pinpoint right now! I am just amazed, and so so happy. The doctor doing the scan was so lovely, and pointed out everything on the screen - the heart, the arms and legs (which somehow disappeared from the stills!), the head of course. Oh.. I am just sooo content!

I've been examining them, and in one of the scans I swear I see sausage sort of laying with his/her arm behind his head, as if he's laying stretched out on his/her back and going "Ahhhh... bliss!" And those little blips we saw sausage do.... just wow! I can't wait til I can feel them!

I found a chart online today, that showed lengths and weight per week... this week the chart said something like 54mm (Sausage was 53mm) and 14 grams. By 13 weeks, Sausage will be around 74mm (that's 2 centimeters growth!) and 23 grams! And going down the table found here it just gets more and more amazing. The amount of weight the baby puts on each week is just astounding! By 25 or 26 weeks the baby puts on over 100grams with each week that goes by! And then by 31 weeks it starts to put on 200g per week.

I just stare at those pictures and think "wow, there is a whole tiny person inside me, just needing to grow now so that s/he is ready to come into the world" I never really realised what a magical moment this would be! Even though the scan was uncomfortable (she pushed down really hard!), I can't WAIT for the next one! It's on 14th July, 10am, just 4 days before my 25th birthday! What a fantastic birthday present that will be! I think I timed this pregnancy just right! hehe. First scan 5 days after our wedding anniversary, 2nd scan just before my birthday, and baby just before christmas!

I don't really know what else to say that I haven't already, so I'll leave it here. Thanks for reading! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment