Tuesday 5 January 2010

Relaxed cycle, and recent photos

I have been having a good old think, and I actually wrote a thread on a parenting forum about it which helped clear my thoughts a little I think. About worrying about conceiving, or just stressing over the whole process of TTC. While last month I felt I was better, I was still wondering "am I aren't I?" a bit, and of course counting down the days til testing!

This month, I am going to try very hard to not think about it at all! I shall let Jonathan erm... have his fun (!) when he wants to, but in myself I won't be thinking "Right, we've got to do it tonight" or anything like that, and in fact I shall just be relaxing and not really thinking about it at all. In fact I shall just wait for my period. Well, not wait, but it's hard to describe. I shall get on with my life and not think about periods, not think about babies, or sex, or anything like that!

And to be honest, Robert is keeping my life very busy, he has reached an incredibly adorable and wonderful time in his life I think where he is showing more and more understanding over his world and more and more interest in the people in it. I am so happy and I love him to bits! And finally, yesterday, he waved bye bye to Jonathan! It was so wonderfully cute and his little grin while he was doing it was such a pleasure. He now waves to anyone when you ask him, always such a big grin on his face. :)

I think though the cutest thing he does that he's been doing maybe a week or so is that when you say "where's your belly?" or "where's your big fat belly?" he'll get both of his hands and pat them both sometimes on his belly, but most often on his chest, and then grin away like he's done something incredibly cheeky!

He loves kissing now as well! It's so cute he comes up to you with his mouth wide open, sometimes saying "aaaaah" at the same time.



He gave me lots of kisses through that stairgate! I think he thought it was funny :D

I do think right now is my favourite age or development stage so far! It's lovely knowing he understands me!

I think back to when I was pregnant and wishing that my little Sausage would be a little girl, and to me now that concept seems so alien! In fact I think when we do get pregnant again I would love another little boy! Having a girl seems weird to me! I don't know why, but it does!

Anyway, here's my little boy's second Christmas (but first "proper" one since he was too young to appreciate any of his first actual christmas!).

Opening Christmas presents and Grandad and Grandma's (my dad and step-mum)





Robert did a great job at helping everyone else open theirs too! He was so cute making his little excited "oooh!" noises whenever he tore off enough paper to see what was inside! Even clothes which I guess must be a pretty boring present for kids!

He loved taking other people's presents off them and giving them to someone else, for example, this tub of chocolates... ;)



Before helping himself to a Milky Way....



And getting it alllll over the new top someone had bought him for his birthday but it was very appropriate for Christmas (but unfortunately not a lot else... he shall look strange going about wearing that now... :( )



And having fun stacking his new puzzle blocks..



Enjoying Christmas dinner!!



And give him his dues, he'll try anything!



Then on Boxing Day we went over to my mum and Dave's house.

Here Robert is looking at Nanna's fibre optic christmas tree.





And enjoying another christmas dinner! (Beef this time not turkey)





Cuddles with Nanna :)



Back at home, here he is on his new ladybird rocker. Unfortunately he doesn't really enjoy playing on it much at the moment :(



He does like his magna-doodle though!! :D







And his masterpieces :D







Robert got a slide for Christmas from my dad and Caroline, but as it was so big we left it with them, and they brought it back with them when they went up to see my brother. Robert had great fun opening such a big box, and then had a go on the slide too! Within two days of getting the slide, he had mastered climbing the steps, sitting on it, putting both his feet forward and sliding down feet first and landing at the bottom! On his 18 month plus slide! ;) Such a big clever boy! He loves his slide, and it's not only fun to go down yourself, but also fun to see what happens when you put a brick on it, or a teddy, or a rubber duck, or a book...









And to finish off this super-duper long entry, some photos of my little boy's first big boy walk (on his reins of course) along the canal side. We fed the swans, and taught Robert how to as well, although his throws weren't big. I did almost have a heart attack during this, me holding his reins and keeping him on a VERY tight leash so close to the edge! But he loved just walking along!













Hope you all have had a good week! Thanks for reading, and also thank you so so much for your comments on the last entry, I love getting comments and really enjoy reading them!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan to me! :) Loved all the piccies of Robert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pics!!!! Robert is getting to be such a big boy! xx

    ReplyDelete