Saturday 30 January 2010

Someone I know...

I want to thank you all for your lovely congratulations on the last post.

Someone I know on a parenting/pregnancy forum announced she was pregnant a few weeks ago. I am ashamed to say that although I was happy for her, I wasn't as excited for her as I wanted to be, and I showed it too, as I was still very not pregnant and knew it.

This week she has started bleeding heavily, passing clots, and has very bad pains. I feel so bad for her because I wasn't as supportive as I could have been when she found out, and now I have just found out that I am pregnant, and she is going through all of this. :( She is having a scan tomorrow but she has already lost all hope that the baby is ok. I am trying to be as supportive as I can for her now, but it just seems like it'll be coming off a bit lukewarm, if you know what I mean?

I really really hope she's ok... but I fear she won't be and I feel so awful for her. :(

2 comments:

  1. Poor love, I'll be praying for her :(

    On a happier note - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :D I can't believe I missed it as all the excitement was unfolding, tsk! Dang Virgin Media went down in our area for three days (THREE DAYS!!!) and when I got back online I just blogged, charted, and Facebooked. I didn't think to check blogs! I would have loved the exciting suspense so I'm sorry I didn't see your earlier entries!

    I'm sooooooooo excited for you! I really did have a hunch because of the symptoms you were mentioning a little while back, but didn't want to raise your hopes as I said! ;) Thanks so much for leaving a comment at my pregnancy blog with a hint! ;) I might not have gotten around to seeing your news for a couple more days otherwise!

    Just wanted to say a slightly belated congratulations and hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy! 22 month age gap?? Lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many congratulations on your wonderful news!
    On the other woman you mention, I understand what you mean - I have had envious thoughts about others only to realise later that I shouldn't have and then you feel really bad for being less gracious than you would have liked in the first place. I think the main thing after doing anything we feel is wrong is to learn from it - which you obviously have - and maybe say sorry that's all we can ever do, and makes the experience worthwhile. Sarah.

    ReplyDelete