Tuesday 29 December 2009

New cycle

Aunt Flo has arrived. I finally started getting spotting during the evening of Christmas Day, which I shall regard as the start of my period, by the 26th my period had fully arrived. Which gave me a cycle length of 38 days (sigh) compared to 33 the previous time. So, it appears I am not regular. I am not against charting per se, I just find it a chore, plus it's difficult for me to remember, and also, Robert liking to wake so early means the temp taking first thing before getting up is very difficult to get right even if I do remember!

This cycle Jonathan and I will be at it even more so like bunnies than last month (double sigh, it takes a lot out of me even though I enjoy it!!) and unlike last cycle we won't stop until I am sure my period is here, or until I test positive. Last cycle we stopped basically around the time I got sick, although we then had sex again about a week later. If that doesn't work.... then I might think about getting some ovulation sticks.

I actually got quite upset over aunt flo's arrival this month. I felt like we had tried so hard that it was owed to us, plus we have been trying since August, although I have only had 2 cycles, I figured that since we got pregnant with Robert straight away it'd be the same again.

I know I should count my blessings and even if we never have another child, we have one healthy, happy, gorgeous son, who despite his difficult start to life "on the outside" has developed well, and shows amazing new insight to his world every day. It is a pleasure being with him, learning about who he is, laughing at his silly antics (yesterday, he span around so much on the spot that when he finally tried to walk he staggered about so comically, and then got up and did the same again!!) and just being his mummy. I am SO proud that I am Robert's mummy. So proud that this lovely little boy is all mine, that I made him, carried him, birthed him and am raising him.

I love him to bits and I simply cannot put into words the extent of my love for him. I do not know how, when he gets a brother or sister (he WILL get a brother or sister, eventually!), how they will be loved as much as he is loved. But I'm sure they will be!

Robert had a lovely Christmas, 4 days of opening presents, visiting his grandparents, plus he got to see his Aunty Helen again who he hasn't seen very often really. He loves opening all the presents now and happily rips a small piece of paper off a parcel, then very carefully places it on the ground, before being urged to pull another bit. And makes very appreciative "oooh" sounds when he sees what's inside! (I wonder how long it will be before we get the sighs and the grumpy "That's not what I wanted!!!!" yells!) His favourite presents from Christmas I think has been his big teddy from Great-Nanna, his trolley from Aunty Nicky, Uncle Stephen and Ewan, and his Magna-Doodle from Mummy and Daddy.

We hope you all had lovely christmasses, and that you have a good new year celebration if you have one! I don't know that we will be, I guess we'll see!

4 comments:

  1. Good plan about the keeping "at it" (!!) every other day right the way through your cycle! That should definitely cover it! ;) You're a brave woman, lol! It sounds like the earliest you must have ovulated last cycle was CD24. If you do the every other day thing all cycle and still get AF, though, don't panic that you'll never get pregnant! I still wonder whether perhaps your luteal phase is shorter than usual (maybe too short to sustain a pregnancy even??) and is still gradually lengthening as the cycles go by. It's so common with breastfeeding. I totally understand the difficulties with charting with an early-waking baby! I found that hard too, and just used to temp anyway as I breastfed on the "we're definitely up for the day this time!" waking, and hope for the best! For me, it did show a good pattern still, but I know not everyone finds that. But without knowing what your luteal phase is doing, don't panic too much if it isn't happening yet. It might be as simple as your body still getting back to fertile-ness.

    BUT, I'm really hoping that it was just that you've ovulated late and stopped trying too early, so far. And thus you'll get pregnant this cycle with your new plan! :)

    So glad Robert had a lovely Christmas! I found with Arthur (also November) that the 2nd Christmas seemed like his very first Christmas, as he was only a matter of weeks old the first time - well, that and we all had flu, so didn't know where we were let alone what time of year it was, lol! It's a lot of fun with a 1-year-old! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw honey huge huge hugs!! Please don't put yourself under too much pressure over this. As Alice says your cycles may not even be at the stage where they can sustain a pregnancy yet. If I were you I'd just have as much sex as possible, enjoy it ;), but don't expect to be pregnant. Then if you are pregnant it will be a nice surprise. Think of these as practise cycles ;)

    Of course you're proud of your boy.... he is gorgeous after all ;) Hope the rest of the end of year celebrations are just as good for your lovely family xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The absolute worst thing about trying to get pregnant is that waiting period before you can test. Ugh! I think you just need to relax and enjoy the sex (don't make it a chore), plan it more frequently around your predicted ovulation time. Your hormones are still leveling out, you know. I can't recall if you said you are still nursing, but if you are, this can affect your hormones a good deal also. It will happen when it is meant to happen. Sometimes, we have absolutely no control over that part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New year = new fresh start! It WILL happen. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete