Friday 18 December 2009

Sooo in love

Have I mentioned lately how completely in love I am with my son? I probably don't say it enough, at least not on this blog, although I tell Robert at least once each day how much I love him. Usually more than once, although sometimes at least one of the times is when Robert is being difficult to settle to sleep so I keep repeating in a calm soothing voice "Mummy and Daddy love you very much, we'll be here when you wake up in the morning, now it's time to go to sleep." :) But even if he's not being difficult to settle I make sure it's the last thing he hears at night before he goes to sleep.

He is developing so fast, I am amazed by him every day. He still says nothing that sounds like words, although he will yell "mamamamama!" when he is angry, or tired. And when he is excited he likes to say "Cacacacaca!" but he is now beginning to string different sounds together to make word-like sounds. He doesn't sign to me yet :( We keep doing the sign for milk, drink, eat, but he does not do them to us when he wants one of those things. If he wants milk he usually comes up to me, wailing in a moany way at the top of his voice, and tugs on my top, or tries to lift it up.

But his understanding for things has come on so much! And one of my absolute FAVOURITES is that he understands "Can you give Mummy a kiss?" :D Although he doesn't always feel like giving us kisses. And what is lovely is that in the morning when he gets up, he has some morning time milky, and after he is done, he will clamber over us, and give each of us a big kiss. :)

Sometimes I wonder how I will love another baby as much as I love him. But I know I will, simply from other people expressing the same concerns and then saying afterwards that they do. But right now it just seems odd that there will one day be another little baby in my life that I love just as much as Robert.

Another thing I love about my baby boy is how he seems to subconciously pick up on things without even realising. He loves his cars (what boy doesn't, I guess???!!) and whenever he gets one, he immediately starts pushing it along the floor/sofa/someone's leg and making this super cute "mmmmrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmm" noises! But what is really funny is that he does this for anything he starts pushing along. For example, he was eating breakfast one morning, and after a while lost interest in eating it, so he got his toast soldier, started pushing it around his tray with his finger, and made the "mmmrrrrrrrmmmmmmm" noise like it was a car! Sooo cute.

And what is even cuter is how he looks when he's doing it, so funny :)







He is such a cutie, I know I'm biassed, but if you saw this every day.. wouldn't you fall in love with him as well?



One last thing to leave you with, is this photo. One of Jonathan's colleagues did this with their child, and it was quite a cool idea so we're going to do it too. Each year, take a picture of the child with the previous year's photo!



Today we went out in the snow, and hopefully I have some nice photos from it, although he wasn't too keen on it as the first thing he did was fall face first into the snow! But he soon cheered up after a cuddle, and especially liked it when the cat came out as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment