Sunday 6 December 2009

Robert has been off his food for the last few days. He's barely eating at all, but still enjoys his mummy milk. I'm not sure if I'm worrying too much, but I'm thinking it could be one of two reasons, first being that he is ill, or perhaps teething, and as soon as he's better he'll be eating with a vengeance again, or the second I am thinking is that he might be going through a fussy eating stage, in which case I would want to try and nip it in the bud as soon as possible!

I'm leaning more to the thinking that he's not well, as his nappies have been DISGUSTING for the last few days, including several "leakers"... Plus the fact that he's been sick a couple of times. He threw up yesterday morning sitting at the highchair. He had a small amount of toast, but drank TONNES of water, so it was mainly watery sick (sorry for the TMI lol!). Then tonight as I was changing him ready for bed he farted, and started wretching, and a very small (thank goodness) amount came up.

I am wondering if I should get a doctor's appointment tomorrow to get him looked at. I took his temp while he was nursing to sleep (but it wasn't skin contact, just under his arm through clothing) and it came up 35.7 degrees celsius.

Apart from that he's mostly happy, but it's just alarming seeing Robert refusing most food, especially his favourites! Today for example he had about 4 shredded wheat (bitesized) when he usually has a whole bowlful - toddler bowl. Then for lunch I made him a sandwich (2 slices of bread with a slice of turkey) I cut it into quarters, gave him one bit, which he pulled apart, ate most of the side with turkey on and wouldn't eat any more! He did have a few bits of satsuma and apple as well, but he usually eats between half and 3/4 of the sandwich I make him. Then for tea we went out to a restaurant, we took along some breadsticks and a banana, and also gave him bits of our food. He ate a stick of pepper and chewed on a bit of chicken, ate a tortilla chip, and then lost interest. So we then offered him banana, which he held, put it to his mouth, then threw it off the highchair, offered him another bit just to make sure which also ended up on the floor. So yeah he ate a good deal less than he usually does.

But he is nursing so that's not too bad. The only thing is that now Robert is older and more mobile, I'm less comfortable in nursing him in public than I was when he was younger, so if we are out for a few hours, I don't nurse him even if he looks like he wants it (which makes me feel guilty especially these last few days), instead I try and satiate him with nibbles and water, and wait til we get home. He does prefer to nurse standing up, unless it's before a nap or bedtime, when I feed him in bed and he'll snuggle up to me that way, but he doesn't like nursing in the cradle position if I'm sitting.

Anyway onto TTC news. This cycle has been very strange. Last week I thought I was ovulating because I started getting spotting which lasted a couple of days, then I thought I felt twinges down there on one side, plus I had EWCM. So I made sure I had lots of baby-making over those few days. But to make sure I do the best I can in the baby making department I will continue to baby-make every 2 days until I am either on my period again or I test positive! This is what we did the cycle Robert was conceived in the first full month we were trying, so hopefully it will work this time too!

I have been feeling odd feelings lately, twinges, and other things which are making me think "maybe this is the month" but I am going to try and exercise some self-control and not test prematurely. I think I shall see how I feel 2 weeks from today. My last cycle lasted 33 days, and it is now CD 19 so 2 weeks til CD 33 when my period would be due if I am regular. So 2 weeks from now is the EARLIEST I will test. If I can hang on later I will. The last two months I have tested at very odd times in relation to my period end/start time, because I have made myself think that maybe my period was implantation bleeding!! So this month I will not test early at all, I will assume my last period was infact a period ;)

I hope in two weeks I will be updating with happy news just in time for Christmas - if not I shall enjoy a nice glass of wine or two! ;)

Anyway a few more photos for you to enjoy!

My grown up boy in his first buttoned-up shirt! I'm very proud of this photo, I took it and usually the portraits I do don't turn out so nicely! As Jonathan was sorting them out, I looked at this one and said to him in surprise "Is that one I took???!!!" and he looked at me and said "yes, does that surprise you because it's a good one?" lol!


Here's our completed birth to 1st birthday photo frame! It's just LOVELY having something like this to look at to show just how much our baby boy has changed over the last year!


Robert's activity table we got him for his birthday. He loves this! He even keeps trying to put other things down, like his little cars, or half eaten apples, or the shape sorter pieces lol ;)


Robert modelling a hat we got sent in the post this week from my step-mum's mum (Step-grandma?). She had made it for Ewan but had put it away and forgotten about it, then found it recently, so sent it to us :)


Robert and Daddy on the carousel in Milton Keynes Shopping Centre. He seemed to quite enjoy it this time, the first time he went on he hated it and was rather petrified of it. I did suggest that Jonathan sit Robert on a horse, which I think Robert didn't like! So this time Jonathan just took him straight to a bit where you just sit down in a little carriage thing, and he was better.


Right, well I'll sign off here! Hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment