Monday 26 October 2009

ok girls....

I'd really like your opinions on this please!

As you know I had my period the week after I started getting one sided cramps after several days of extremely light spotting. I came off my period after a week, with the last couple of days being fairly light. (But not light enough to get away without using a towel) For the last few days around the same point in the day I've felt "iffy", and yesterday it was coupled with bad diarrhoea.

This morning, on a whim, I decided to take a pregnancy test, even though I've only come off my first postnatal period 3 days ago. And I'm puzzled. I have what looks like the same extremely faint line that I had with Robert. It's so faint that I have to hold it up to the light and even then I'm not 100% sure it's there. But I think there is something there. I've never had evap lines on these tests before, but surely that's not saying anything?

But does anyone know, is it normal to have what appears to be a normal period right at the beginning of their pregnancy? Could the diarrhoea and "iffy"ness be a good sign that it's pregnancy? Any comments at all would be greatly appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I have absolutley no idea but I have EVERYTHING crossed for you -- my sister did have periods for 5 months while pregnant though, and negative tests! She only realised when she got a proper big bump! Here's to hoping for you! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh! Exciting stuff! I don't want to jinx it by saying congratulations yet but a positive test can only be good news ;)
    Not sure at all about the bleeding?! I know Alice had bleeding early in her pregnancies but I'm sure it was later than this? No insight on the diarrhea or iffiness either as they are more a symptom of period than pregnancy for me tbh.
    I'll just say what you know already which is leave it a few more days (or even a week if you can hold on!) and test again. If you get a stronger line then I reckon you can start celebrating ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm..I don't know?! That is sure interesting! Try and hold out for a few more days and then test again! Could have been some early bleeding in pregnancy....was it like a real period? Could it have been implantation? Can't wait to see! As for me, I just ovulated!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh that's a tricky one!! I am not sure.... did you test again today? (I missed this post yesterday) Do you have a photo of a test to post for us to see?! :) My instinct was to either squint at a test stick photo or to click on your chart link (that doesn't exist as you don't chart!), but without those options I am really not sure what to make of it.

    I am thinking it still COULD be pregnancy because I guess there's an outside chance of bleeding for a week being unusually heavy implantation spotting or something?? Maybe? Especially since you got the period only a week after possible ovulation time - that's consistent with the implantation window. Althooough, you may just have had a short luteal phase which isn't uncommon when breastfeeding. So hard to say, either way!!

    I think if you see a line then it looks quite promising, BUT there's still the chance it's an evaporation line (even if you haven't seen them before, frustratingly!). I hope it's not an evap line! :) Did you have the same "iffy" feeling and diarrhoea early on with Robert's pregnancy too?

    I guess (again, frustratingly!!) time will tell. Please tell us as time tells you!!! ;) Can't wait to hear an update of any sort! xxx

    ReplyDelete