Wednesday 26 January 2011

Projects.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I feel a lot of the time that I NEED a project of some sort to work on. Yes I love being a mum, and doing things with the kids, but sometimes it can be a bit samey, the days and weeks roll into each other. A project helps keep time in perspective a bit I think.

The main project of the moment is of course my weight loss. Which has been going pretty great. With Robert's illness, he has lost a bit of weight, meaning that with my latest weight loss, I have now lost the equivalent of Robert's current weight myself, which is amazing when you lift a 2 year old and think "wow, I was carry around that much extra weight all the time 4 months ago!" I am almost halfway to my goal of 10 stone, which would put me at a BMI of 21.4ish. And to date since Christopher's birth I have dropped from a BMI of 31.5 to a BMI of 26.5. Setting myself new goals when I reach one really helps me keep my time and weight loss in perspective, and makes me feel proud of myself, as I am doing this by myself, and keeping motivated for the first time in a long time! The last time I tried losing weight before the boys were conceived, I went from around 203lb to 183lb before giving up. This time I have gone from 207lb to 175lb and am still going strong.

Another project I want to get underway is the house. If we can afford it! The house is a mess. We simply have not enough storage and I do need something to give me some housepride, it would be LOVELY to work on the house and actually do something with it! It is pretty much the same as when we bought it almost 3 years ago, but with some bookcases and a bit of extra furniture and a whole lot more clutter (and 2 extra kids!! lol!)

I think by working on 1 room at a time, things will get moving along great. And the first room I want to think about is the kitchen. We simply do NOT have enough storage in there. And what I would love is to remove the radiator from the kitchen (we don't use it!) and put either open shelves (sort of like a cabinet) or maybe with some glass doors on the front on the wall with the door. Extra storage, which would make everything easier to keep clean and clear. Maybe think about a lick of paint, or new flooring too. Then move to the downstairs loo, maybe put some shelves up in there, take out the towel rack and put a hook instead.

Then maybe look at the bathroom - new shower head and bath fitting needed desperately there, plus maybe boxing in the sink to add a little extra storage once more.

Then see from there, maybe do the boy's bedroom - lick of paint (maybe stay overnight at Jonathan's parents while the paint dries!!), new carpet, new permanent black out blind, curtains, etc. And then the living room after that. At some point we will be converting the garage, so we can move the study downstairs and have a third bedroom again, plus have a dining room (more room in the living room without the table there!).

It feels nice to plan. I'd like to buy a shelving unit/cabinet for the kitchen this weekend. Get this ball rolling!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your projects and goals! :) Keep working hard and I know you can achieve them. Thanks for your note and your support, it means a lot to me. xo

    ReplyDelete