Sunday 23 January 2011

Poorly Robert :(

Well, Robert has picked up some kind of bug. Either from playgroup on Friday morning, or from the birthday party he attended yesterday afternoon. Last night at 11.30pm, he started screaming, we got him out of bed, and he promptly threw up all over the floor, and his clothes. One cleanup operation later (thankfully with Jonathan well enough to help unlike the last time Robert was sick), and we had a little boy back in bed.

Then around 12am, it happened again, this time in his bed. Bed change number 1. Then he threw up again at 1am-ish, then 2am-ish, then 3.30am, then 5am... 3 bed changes later, and 4 changes of clothes. He might have been sick again since then, I can't remember.

But then at 8ish, he woke, Jonathan brought him in, and put him on the bed. Poor little fella just flopped down on the bed and lay there. :( We asked him if he wanted to come up and lay under the covers and sleep in bed with us, and eventually he climbed up, but then saw my boobs, and settled down to have milky. He was on the breast for some time, and while still on the breast, proceeded to throw it all back up again (all over me, and our bed). He threw up a little more once I'd got him into the bathroom (standing by the bath so he could be sick into there) and he was SO distraught, shaking, crying, and kept saying "Go!" He was so upset each time he threw up in the night as well, but each time he threw up, and then cuddled me afterwards, he clung so tightly, I just wanted to cry alongside him.

He's not been sick since then, we figured he must have taken in too much milk for his stomach to cope with, so I've been letting him stay on for a 5 count after my milk lets down a little. He's been sleeping since 11.30 although he woke at 1.15 and I gave him a bit more milk. My poor baby :( Being a parent is so hard sometimes, not just because of the sleep deprivation thing you get at the start. I hope he gets better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment