Wednesday 12 January 2011

The flu

The flu and a sickness bug has hit our household. Jonathan was in bed for well over 3/4 of a day with flu symptoms, and Robert was ill last night (all over the bed and himself) and he was ill again during dinner although I didn't give him very much. He generally seems quite cheerful though, but I have stocked some clean bedding outside his room ready for incase he should be sick again. I would probably bet a tenner he will be sick in his bed again tonight.

Combined with C being very unsettled today, and checking on J from time to time, I feel very run down. I hope I'm not getting what either of them have. I really don't want to have to look after two poorly boys while being poorly myself. Although the fact that I am feeling run down today makes it more likely to become ill.

I have a "well baby clinic" appointment to attend with Christopher (and Robert) tomorrow morning. I am not looking forward to that. One, because of the illness. Two, because of Christopher's slow weight gain. I am comfortable in myself now that all is ok (thanks to your comments, Alice and Meg!), that he is generally a happy baby, and I KNOW he is getting plenty of milk, given that he still from time to time splutters on my fast let down, and even after he's finished, and I decide to see if I can get a drop or two of milk out, and it SQUIRTS about a metre across the room... I don't see there's any problem in that regards!

And if I so much as hear the W word (wean) I will tell them where to go. I made that mistake with Robert, I won't be making it again.

I wish I had some chocolate... I am very tempted to pull out that delicious chocolate cake recipe again and bake one. But then maybe having no chocolate in the house is a good thing, seeing as I gained 1lb this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment