Wednesday 25 November 2009

My baby is ONE!!!

Oh my goodness, I can't believe this time last year I was in hospital with my baby boy still in SCBU! My baby boy turned one year old on Monday (23rd November), and I can't believe how quick it's gone, and also how much he's grown and developed into his own little person!

My baby boy has gone from this...



to this!



He is a cheeky, gorgeous, and wonderful little boy I can't believe I get to call mine! And I can't imagine him not being mine now, either. I'm so glad he's in my life. I don't know what I would do if I had to go to work and leave my baby most of the day even a few days a week!

We had his birthday party on Sunday, and he had so much fun! I'm so pleased that so many people could come, and it was wonderful for me to see just how much he is loved and how much people care about him!

Here were some of the decorations :)







He enjoyed playing with Bethany as usual. At one point I saw him walking after her, she was crawling, sucking on her dummy, he spotted it and kept bending down to get it out of her mouth, only to have her crawling along again! So he kept stooping down, then having to get up and chase her again! Bethany's parents, Paul and Vikki, gave Robert some balloons with little lights in so they glowed, which Robert loved, and still does! He spent ages at the party grasping both balloons by the knot, and walking around with them! He seems to like the knots on balloons, sometimes sucking on them, I guess they must remind him of something... ;) In fact we had to take the balloons off him so we could get started on his presents! He seemed intent on clutching hold of them the whole time!





He had so many cards and presents, he is such a lucky boy :) He did get a bit fidgetty for his card and present opening, it took quite a while and in the end I did have to rush through them a bit!















The emotional bit for me was of course the cake, I sat with Robert on my lap and Jonathan brought in the cake, and I was unable to sing happy birthday to him, because I was on the verge of tears! The cake itself turned out better than I thought it might in the end! It was quite painstaking to get the icing on the 1 as it was runny icing that hardened in the fridge, and I didn't want the blue of the 1 to mix with the white on the base.











I got lots of lovely comments about the cake, and I think a few people wanted the recipe :) It was delicious, and it's the sort of cake where you just wanna make another one to scoff by yourself, it's so moreish! Robert enjoyed the cake too, infact, he ate all of Barbara's cake (I thought Barbara was helping him eat his own cake, but no, it was hers!!!)













Hehehe!

He had such a good time, walking around, stealing food off of people's plates!

On Monday, his actual birthday, we went down to the embankment and fed the swans and ducks (and seagulls) with the leftover sandwiches, as they had gone a bit crusty and hard having been out all day!

We took him in his new trike, although he seems to enjoy pushing it than being pushed in it ;)















I was absolutely knackered from all the preparation, and then the party itself!

My period was in full swing by the time we were sorting everything out the day before, and while I was shopping for the party with my father-in-law, it was at that horrid icky stage where it just ACHED so painfully down below, I would have normally been curled up in bed with a book and a hot water bottle instead of trudging around tesco!!!

I am a little sad that I was not pregnant by the time Robert was 1, although I guess whatever age Robert will be when he does finally get a little brother or sister will be a good one, I shall just have to wait and see what happens! I hope it's soon though, I'd rather keep their birthdays apart by at least a few weeks, so I hope I get pregnant this cycle or next! Jonathan and I were a little lazy last month, I guess we could have tried harder, so maybe this month if we're not so lazy we will be lucky. Or maybe that weirdness with my spotting etc was due to an early miscarriage?? No way to know of course, I never got a positive result back!

I hope you're all well anyway! Robert's had a chest infection, and other colds etc. He's had a runny nose for about a month now, to varying degrees, then his chest infection in the middle of it!

Thanks for reading! :)

2 comments:

  1. Soooo lovely to read about Robert's birthday and his party, with PHOTOS!!! Thanks so much for posting all that! I'm glad he had a great time. He's such a handsome little ONE-YEAR-OLD!!! How crazy does that sound?! It's amazing to me that he's one, so it must be even more so to you. Your entry brought back some fond memories of Arthur's first birthday/party too :) I'll have to go and look up my photos of it now!

    I'm excited for your next cycle or two!! I can't wait for the happy news when the time comes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your little man! I remember when he was born last year and this year has passed by so quickly! I really hope the next cycle is it for you and I so we can be pregnant at the same time. Fingers crossed!!

    ReplyDelete