Sunday 29 November 2009

More TTC thoughts, and more photos

It's amazing how much when you are TTC that you pay attention to what is going on "down there". Last month I had a 33 day cycle. Before Robert I was pretty much bang on 28 days. Anyway, so assuming 33 day cycle is regular, I should, according to the textbooks, be ovulating around cycle day 19. I am currently on cycle day 12, and today (more like late afternoon and evening) I have had two separate instances of egg-white consistency CM with a reddish tinge. Which suddenly got me thinking maybe it's ovulation... and then having thought that I have had the odd right-hand sided pains... But goodness knows if I am imagining it or not! Or if maybe the tinted CM is due to intercourse last night. I am wondering whether to go for it tonight as well or if yesterday's swimmers will be enough in case I AM ovulating? LOL.

Every cycle I keep thinking "If I do get pregnant this month, I'll be due on xyz". This month I thought it would be 30th August if I do get pregnant, but now I'm thinking if I am ovulating now it'll be more like 23rd-25th August. But I do keep getting ahead of myself! I did at one point think I'd be having a July 2nd baby, then a July 24th baby... so there's no point deliberating really, but I can't help myself lol.

But if I do get pregnant..... then when I give birth will make a lot of difference to my baby, between being the youngest in the year above at school or the oldest in the year below... And whether my babies will be 1 or 2 years apart in school.

Anyway, here's a few photos of Robert. :)

The boy LOVES his drinks... He will always guzzle a drink down like crazy, even if he's not thirsty. At which point he will suck loads into his mouth and then spit it out!!!



Having fun in a ball tent. MUST fix the inflatable one the cat burst over summer....


One of me with my cheeky chappy :)


Daddy is out of frame in this one, he's running towards Robert while Jonathan's dad is pushing Robert in his trike... Robert finds this hilarious! And you can also see Robert's 7th tooth (FINALLY!!!!) in this pic!



We took him to messy play again this week. I tend not to go much anymore simply because I get messier than he does, and then I have to try and get paint/sand/shaving foam/dried on porridge oats/whatever off him, get him dry, change him, and argh, it's such a chore!! Less so I guess than actually having to clean up the room as well as him, but still. It's easier when there's an extra pair of hands to help!

There was a table with paint squirted round in patterns for the children to mix up with their hands. Robert saw this table (he was the first to it) and went up, and delicately put a finger or two in the paint and dragged it downwards onto the clean paper. It was fascinating watching him figure out what this stuff was and what it did, and felt like.



But it wasn't long before he got properly stuck in!!




Of course if they ever put anything edible out, Robert will find it. It didn't take him long to find the bowl of porridge oats, or the tray of assorted cereal (cornflakes, shreddies, rice crispies, coco pops)...





How I love that last pic, a true "oh damn, I've been caught out!" expression!!

Here's a photo I love as well, it's of Robert playing in the sand (which he usually just tries to eat). Wonderful photo.


Anyway in other news, we all went northwards this weekend to see my brother, sister-in-law and nephew. It was Ewan's 2nd birthday yesterday, and he has certainly developed into his own little character, one that definitely does NOT like Robert sharing his toys lol! Which fair enough I could understand, he is only two years old. But what did make me quite sad was that Ewan spent pretty much the entire time pushing Robert down. :( He did it over and over and over again. Although he did give Robert some cuddles and kisses too, it was still quite upsetting to see Ewan objecting to Robert's presence like that. I hope that it's just a one off but I guess time will tell. Apart from that it was a lovely weekend, and there were times when Ewan didn't seem to mind Robert being there. Robert spent the entire weekend being interested in what Ewan was doing, eating (of course!) and trying to stroke and pull their cat's fur. Their cat, Kevin is extremely placid, and will actually let Robert near him which is a new experience! For the most part Robert was actually getting better, it's such a shame Hazel doesn't let him near her, as it wouldn't take long for him to understand being gentle with her if she did!

I don't have photos yet but will do hopefully by tomorrow.

Anyway, it's time for bed, I hope I've not bored you too much and that the photos broke up the huge walls of text ;)

Keep your fingers crossed for me that I am ovulating, I might jump on Jonathan later just to make sure there's plenty of swimmers there incase I am ;)

1 comment:

  1. Suddenly realised I never actually commented on this... only in my own head! Doh!

    I was just going to say to jump on your husband anyway... never a bad reason to do that ;)

    Sending baby dust your way frantically. I really hope it happens for you soon :)

    ReplyDelete