Sunday 26 April 2009

5 months old! Busy busy

Argh! Five days since my last entry! I've just been soooooo soo so busy! Not just with Robert, but also when I've had times during his naps and in the evenings (sooo nice now he's going down for his long sleep at 6.30-7.30ish!! We get the evenings to ourselves!), I've been either making graphics for people (got a looooong list of people who want one making as well!) and also, scanning oooold photos from when my brother and I were babies. My Mum never got a copy of our old baby pictures so I asked dad if I could take the albums back with me, and I'd scan them in.

When I get a bit furthur through them I'll post a picture of me as a baby but I'll tell you this - Robert doesn't get his permanently shocked expression from his dad!!! (Well he might do but the album's full of me looking shocked! Haha!)

Something I do want to show you now though is this photo of Robert. I was getting him changed in his cot, and it suddenly hit me how BIG he's getting!

He is definitely going to be a tall boy!

Anyway, before I head off (I know, a short sweet entry this time), I just wanted to record that Robert is now practising rolling from back to tummy (yes I know he's been doing it for aaages now - but he's now done it the opposite way to normal! He usually rolls to his right, but he's now tried rolling to his left). He's also beginning to try rolling from tummy to his back. And he's also beginning to try lifting his chest free from the ground although most of the time his arms just end up splayed out! ;)

He can sit without support for 30 seconds to a minute, although he is VERY hunched over when he does. He also if I let him grip one of my fingers in each of his hands, and lift them to about his head height, he will pull himself up to standing from there!

I'm sitting here now listening to Robert laughing for his Daddy at last!!! Jonathan sounds so happy, he was getting a bit miffed that he hadn't managed to make Robert laugh!

Last night he managed to resettle himself after a few minutes crying each time twice, meaning he went from about 6.30 til 1.30 without feeding, which is pretty good!

Anyway need to head off now, thanks for the comments on the last entry, I appreciated them! Megan: it sounded like you thought I'd be offended by your suggestion, which I am not! I will look into it and see what it's about.

Anyway see you all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment