Monday 18 February 2008

Lots of news, mainly about my nephew Ewan

My period has come :) How funny that I'm glad it's here, better late than never (well ofc unless you're pregnant :P ). I guess this month will mark the first full month of "trying" since last cycle we started half way through, I may have already ovulated before we started trying.

The contract signing went well, we have a provisional completion date of 14th March, which was 4 weeks from when we signed. We could have completed at the end of the month, but this way we have more time to sort out address changes, packing, etc etc :)

I guess this next piece of news will fit nicely here, since it is my TTC journal, which is traditionally about trying, and babies, etc. I saw my nephew for the first time last weekend since he was born last November. He was 10 weeks old, and I was so scared that I would be all weepy and broody and yeuck when I went there which would have affected the weekend terribly, but I only had one weepy moment, which was when I was holding him, and he stared straight into my eyes, and held my gaze, and then started to smile. :) He is such a beautiful baby :) He has his daddy's (and my!) chin hehe. I had held him for a while a bit before, but his eyes were everywhere, looking at everything around him. I had lots of cuddles with him on Saturday, I even managed to get him to stop crying a few times, by standing with him, jiggling and patting him. My brother took lots of photos of me with Ewan, and also with J and Ewan.

J seemed a little nervous, he was happy to hold him while sitting down, but didn't want to stand with Ewan, so when Ewan started getting a little fidgetty from not being able to see very much, J wanted me to hold him while standing. I'm sure he'll "loosen up" a little with babies once we have one of our own. He'll be great with babies once he becomes fully comfortable with them.

I still have a few concerns. One, being breastfeeding. I really REALLY want to breastfeed, and I just hope that the fact that my mum couldn't breastfeed my brother isn't hereditary - she said she didn't have enough milk to feed my brother. Which is exactly the same problem my sister-in-law is having with Ewan at the moment. My mum said that when I was born, she had loads of milk, but didn't want to breastfeed because of her bad experience with Stephen.

The other is lack of sleep. I don't know how I'll manage on 3 hours of sleep a day (which is usual for my sister-in-law at the moment). I'm guessing you just get used to it after a while, but I think I will have to prepare while I am pregnant by cutting down my long hours of sleep I have at the moment. I am too used to lie-ins, which I know half of the sleep I currently have will be a luxury once we have a newborn.

My sister-in-law was saying how she has no idea how people manage to deal with a newborn in addition to toddlers, since right now all of her time is taken up by Ewan. I think if she knew you, Alice, she'd think you were a hero! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment