Friday 3 February 2012

Tryyyying not to get my hopes up...

But once again, I've had "ouch" moments while one boy or other has been nursing. I've not had these before and suddenly I get a handful all within a week or so? I still really do NOT think I am pregnant, truly. I really don't think the parsnips was timed appropriately. It could just be a coincidence, that their latches have suddenly shifted, or that Christopher's teething has something to do with it.

I am trying my hardest not to think I am because the stress of whether I am or not can easily bring about a delay of periods, as I experienced almost exactly 4 years ago today, the cycle before I conceived Robert! I came on 2 weeks late, on 16th February, which gave me my 22nd November due date.

For now I am trying to focus on My Fitness Pal, and getting into the habit of eating less and losing a bit of extra weight before I find out either way. I think the earliest I would know is Monday. And to be honest I think I would rather wait til at least Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm hoping I can keep my mind occupied til then. I almost reached for a test, but it would be far cheaper for me to wait for my period rather than test a few days before it arrives, get a negative and then still be wondering!!

2 comments:

  1. Waiting in anticipation with you! I agree waiting it out us the better, but harder option! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting!!! :D I promise you, stress over whether you are pregnant can not possibly delay getting your period, if you have already ovulated. It's one of those processes which, once triggered and started, does its thing no matter what gets in the way. Once you've ovulated you will have your luteal phase and then get your period at the end of it, if you're not pregnant, and it has to last a certain amount of time. Only pregnancy can prevent the hormone change that starts your period, nothing else. I remember the time before Robert! But I'm sure that you ovulated when you thought you were due (for whatever reason) and thus didn't get your period until 2 weeks later, in that case. I wouldn't worry about delaying things! If you've ovulated, nothing will stop it now! :) Can't wait to hear!!

    ReplyDelete