Saturday 25 February 2012

A new cycle

Before I start, I just want to say thank you to those of you who have commented on the potty training and breastfeeding Robert posts. It's meant a lot to me that you took the time to support me and give me your opinions and thoughts on the matters. I really appreciate it!

Robert's potty training is starting again gently. I think the idea of a reward for being trained is a little overwhelming for him, so we are stepping back from charts, and reward presents, and just taking each wee, each day as it comes, and seeing what happens. We are having some success, still accidents most days but he is getting on very well and we are simply getting on with it, putting new pants on, and for successes, he's getting lots of verbal praise and lots of acknowledgement, and he seems happy with that.

With regards to the breastfeeding him, I have decided for now to limit it to mornings only, and while he asks still fairly often throughout the day, sometimes I will remind him that it's only for mornings, and other times I offer him cuddles, or a drink or a snack instead. I think when he is comfortable with that, or at least asking less often, I will broach with him the idea of weaning, and see if he will be willing to make that step with me.

Onto other things, mainly my cycles and our TTC, the fat lady did well and truly sing, and I even checked afterwards that it wasn't a false one, and it was negative even after the period had finished. So I am not pregnant. Around CD 8 I started feeling twinges and pinching sensations, and seemed to get lots of CM. Which seems way too early for me. And would be something like a 22 day cycle if that is the case, which it probably isn't.

On the other hand, if I do ovulate around the normal time, and have a somewhat normal cycle of 30-32 ish days, and get pregnant, my due date will be scarily close to Robert's birthday... To be honest I'm probably just reading too much into everything! For now, I think a step back is prudent. Besides which, I know "timing babies" isn't to everyone's tastes, for some it's a luxury they can't afford, but it's getting to that time when we are busiest for birthdays and other celebrations. It would be a bit better to leave conceiving until April earliest really, but then that would put me in the first trimester when we are going away on holiday. And that just is NOT good timing, as even though the boys' pregnancies were both very kind on me in the earlier stages and sickness wise, there's no guarantee that the same will happen the third time. I think stepping back is definitely best if I don't conceive this month. And if it happens during that time... I guess it would be one of those things that was meant to happen!

3 comments:

  1. Your breastfeeding post was encouraging to me because you've done so well with it and I really want to breastfeeding but I've heard of so many women struggling. I realize you are more writing about weaning him, but it was positive for me! It sounds like you are so close with him. Happy potty training! I'm sure he will get it fully when he's ready in his own little time. When I worked at the daycare I found boys were harder to potty train. I'm going to be coming to you and becca for boy advice!! :) good luck this month with this cycle, no matter what happens. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really pleased that my breastfeeding post was encouraging for you! The main reason I breastfed and was so determined to breastfeed was because of a fellow blogger (Alice!) and without reading her blog I'm sure that even if I would have tried to breastfeed (Which would have depended on support.. because all I knew was bottle feeding, in response to any questions I would have said, if asked how I was planning to feed my baby, I would have said something like "I've not really thought about it, probably bottle". But thanks to Alice, I became determined to breastfeed, and believed I could do it (despite my mother struggling!) and well as you know, I succeeded! I hope that I do "pay it forward" and help another blogger just like you to breastfeed successfully. :) It can be a struggle, but half the struggle is being determined, and getting good information about it in pregnancy. And hopefully, you'll be blessed with a natural nurser, like Christopher was :)

      Delete
  2. I am a strong believer that pregnancies and babies come along when they are meant to. It would be great to be precise and say I want a baby that month but it's always best to let nature take it's natural path. When your body is ready - it will happen. :)

    We STILL have potty training issues and James has been in school 6 weeks now but though he is fine 90% of the time, we still have an accident at least twice a week.

    ReplyDelete