Thursday 30 July 2009

8 months 1 week old - sleep things and 2nd haircut!

Robert amazed us last night. He fell asleep entirely on his own! I fed him, put him in his cot, and he was still awake, he stood up and played with his cot mobile console (we've taken off the overhanging bit, just left the console there for the music and the light) and as he seemed quite happy (although decidedly UNsleepy!) we left him in there by himself, and went into the smallest bedroom which we use as a study to keep an ear on him. After a while he began to moan... not upset moaning, but the moaning he does when he's falling asleep or playing with a label. Either of which could have been true, so we waited and listened, and after a while it went quiet... a few minutes later we went in, and he was FAST asleep! Absolutely thrilled! His sleep though once he woke up at 1am (a vast improvement, he usually woke several times during the evening as well and needed resettling) was a bit hit and miss, and required feeding at all the times he woke (although the first two times I tried not to fall asleep as well so I could unlatch him and put him down in his cot when his sucking slowed), but I'm hoping it's a way forward at least! I am wondering where his sleep went wrong because he used to sleep really well, but ah well it'll get better again!

I've cut Robert's hair again this morning as it was almost in his eyes again. As you will see when I get the photos up in the next few days, his hair is going dark again! In patches anyway! Hehe. He looks like a right little bruiser now, as I cut it quite short this time! I wasn't nearly as upset about having to cut it this time compared to the first time, as it wasn't his newborn hair I was cutting this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment