Monday 20 July 2009

Nearly 8 months old - birthday weekend, changes, sleep issues

So much to update on! Firstly, my weekend has been fab! Fab but tiring. We have seen all the parents this weekend which has been lovely! And I got some brilliant presents including quite a lot off my amazon wishlist. I got a few boxset dvds, namely heroes season 1, and stargate SG1 season 10 (from my dad and mum respectively). I got a film dvd, sims 3 (which so far I am quite impressed with even though I'm not going to get very much time to play on!), a non slip bathmat (mainly for Robert now rather than me but still haha!), some Lush things, and a swivelly photo frame with photos of me with Robert in from Jonathan and Robert. From Jonathan's parents I got a huge picnic blanket with waterproof backing, a jug from mothercare for rinsing Robert's hair (with the squishy bit at the front), and 3 books, one on baby signs, one on the no-cry sleep solution (which I proceeded to read several chapters of practically straight away - for reasons I'll get to in a bit!), and men are from mars, women are from venus, children are from heaven.

We went out to a meal yesterday to the beefeater, and when we sat down, shortly after, Jonathan's dad pipes up "Nicola, I've got some news for you.." So I raised my eyebrows quizzically, and he says "I'm pregnant!" Haha! Then I realised as he must have done, that we were in the same restaurant, with the same people as when I'd announced to them that we were expecting a baby! Only Robert was slightly smaller then, being only 5 or 6 weeks in gestation! Haha!

Anyway - sleep issues! Robert had an absolutely TERRIBLE night on Saturday night/Sunday morning. We are finding it increasingly hard to put him to sleep in his cot, as the second we lower him down he wakes up and screams. And nothing will pacify him but putting him to the breast. I tried to get him to sleep around 8pm on Saturday night, but no joy he started crying and then he woke himself up again, so I brought him downstairs. He tired himself out again and he finally went to bed at 9.30pm. Then woke up at 11.30, then 1.30, then 3.30, then 5am, then wouldn't go back to sleep around then! So we were a bit "urgh"ish! Luckily last night was a bit better, for a start we managed to get Robert to sleep at a reasonable time without the screaming. And he only woke up a few times during the night. So yes I am eager to get this no-cry sleep solution started! First step recording nap, pre-bedtime routine, and night wakings logs.

Another thing I wanted to talk about was how much Robert has changed! I think the last 2 months have seen the hugest number of changes in what he can do, but not only that but I watched one of the videos of Robert from when he was 2 weeks old, and oh my gosh how much he has changed! So cute with his rooting and little birdy mouth and tiny little noises! So precious!!!

It's just so amazing, before we had Robert, or was pregnant with him, how quickly the months flew by. Now, it seems like AGES ago he was that tiny, even ages ago that we swaddled him to go to sleep! (He was 3 months old when we stopped swaddling him) Makes me so broody but at the same time I am determined to lose the weight first (although I have hit a major plateau with regards to that - I keep yoyoing in and out of obese right now! Gah!

Anyhow, I'd better go, Robert is getting grumpy I think he's ready for his first nap of the day. Thank you all for your birthday wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment