Friday 17 May 2013

42 weeks 1 day

So yesterday I went in to be induced. We got there around 9am, and by 10am we had been seen, and I had had a CTG trace. She examined me and I was 3-4cm, my cervix was soft and central, but 2cm thick. And she could feel my waters. So she said that we could head straight to delivery once there was room.

How exciting! We could have a baby by lunchtime, and maybe go home by evening! But nope, we waited... And waited.. I walked, bounced, napped. Then it was 8pm and we still had no news on when we would go down. Finally we were told that we wouldn't be sent down til morning. I was extremely annoyed. And promptly said I was going home then.

They told us that today at 7am we could go straight to delivery. My excitement and anticipation has long since evaporated. It has been replaced by worry and annoyance. If I hadn't had all this pressure on me from day one (well, just before 41 weeks) to give birth imminently, I probably would have had this baby already! This entire last stage of pregnancy has been fraught with anxiety and pressure.

And once more I am scared of everything that could happen. After yet another disappointing day, I just can't imagine this birth going well.

So I'm lying in bed, my own bed at home. And have been thinking and wondering if I'll ever meet my baby, and how all the stress I have gone through these last few weeks would have affected him. Please keep us all in your thoughts today. Please pray that we have a quick and easy birth. X

4 comments:

  1. Praying for a safe and quick delivery for you!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck honey, hoping for a quick and smooth birth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a lovely smooth, stress-free birth. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings for a sweet, easy and healthy birth!

    ReplyDelete