Sunday 12 May 2013

41 weeks 3 days

Thank you for the love and hugs for my previous post.

Something I hadn't actually mentioned here, was actually I've had various "could this be it" moments over the last few days. The first of which was Monday night, I had BH every 5 minutes on the dot from at least 8pm til 8.30pm, before they fizzled out a bit on finishing packing my labour and postnatal bag (4 days after my due date lol), and then stopped. The second of which was on Thursday night. I was actually getting pretty excited, thinking that if nothing happened overnight, then I would probably have my baby in my arms some time Friday. I've been getting dribs and drabs of my show come away since my first sweep on Wednesday (about 7 hours later), and have been having several small amounts a day since then. Usually bloody ones for about 2-3 toilet trips after each of my two (unsuccessful) sweeps, then normal coloured.

I've been reluctant to say anything, because each time I've been excited, I've been disappointed, which has all helped to culminate in the desperation and hopelessness of yesterday's entry.

However, as a little heads up for all you lovely blog reader people (NOT sharing on FB yet - they will get a Birth Announcement as first sign of anything happened), things MAY be starting up (finally). I started noticing just after lunchtime that my braxton hicks (strong ones now as most of them are) were coming quite frequently. And they have continued fairly frequently throughout the afternoon - but only on walking around the house or standing. Unfortunately bouncing on the ball is having little effect. When sitting, I am still getting them, but much less frequently. I seem to get one the instant I stand up, and every 5-10 minutes if I remain standing up. I am not deluding myself into thinking it could be VERY soon (as in, within the next few hours)... but I am hopeful that things are on the move. That maybe sometime tomorrow I will have my baby in my arms. I could of course carry on standing, walking, pottering, but my legs are so achy right now from the walking this morning, and the walking yesterday. I think right now, as eager as I am to get things MOVING, I should really listen to my body, so I will be walking around as necessary, but not more than necessary. And trying to get plenty of rest. I have a feeling I'll need to be well rested tomorrow! (oh please please - I hope this isn't my body crying wolf again - but this definitely feels more "early labour-ish" to me)

I do wonder if part of it has happened because finally we have made a start on tidying up the old study - we cleared the floor yesterday (a BIG job - took the two of us several hours!!!), and today I managed to nab a corner storage unit second hand for £25 from a local selling site. Jonathan went and collected it, and spent the afternoon setting it up in the old study - I plan on using it for craft things. But hopefully, now that job has been eaten into, and there isn't so much to do, we can have a baby!!! (please please please!)

6 comments:

  1. Definitely think you will have this baby by tuesday!! So exciting.. good luck!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I hope things are continuing to feel promising, and that you get a good sleep before having a baby tomorrow (hopefully!)!! :D So glad to be a blog reader, as I had been checking FB for news of things changing, and didn't realise there would be none until the announcement! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that this is it!! I so can't wait for the birth announcement. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope this is the real thing and you'll soon have your little one safe and snuggly in your arms. Happy birthing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They always say baby 3 is the "unpredictable one".

    I was EXACTLY the same with Liam. THREE times I really thought this is the start. Obviously it wasn't. I refused to believe he was on his way when he actually was, it was a good job Hubby forced me to the hospital when he did or I'd have an unplanned homebirth. At least you are planning the homebirth and I sincerely wish you well and a birth very soon. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete