Tuesday 14 May 2013

41 weeks 5 days

Another day gone, another day pregnant. I'm not so much emotional and grumpy about that fact, the physical oomph of having to carry around the extra weight etc, as much as I am getting closer and closer to my induction date. And still no regulating contractions or sign of labour. My mucus plug has stopped coming away, which I'm not sure whether that is good or bad. I do keep feeling twinges low down that feel "watery". I don't really know how to explain it, I can't really tell if it's my bladder or maybe my waters pressing against the cervix or something.. I don't feel an overwhelmed need to pee which is why I am confused. But either way, labour just isn't kicking off. And I'm feeling more and more dejected about it. Because I have just one more full day in which to give birth before the induction appointment. And I know that home birth will be a fight now I'm past 10 days, but I know that declining induction and requesting a midwife to come out to me at home when I am officially overdue (14 days+) the will be horrendous.

I feel upset that my peaceful home birth will likely be tainted by having to persuade the midwife to come out to me beyond their static "10 days post date" figure, and their possible reluctance to be there at all. But right now, labour vibes and more labour vibes are needed, I really want to avoid making the decision about whether or not to keep my induction appointment...

3 comments:

  1. I reckon you will have this baby in the early hours ;) It sounds like you can feel your waters not your bladder. Still go for your homebirth, stick to your plan. Your hospital has to provide a midwife for you so dont worry about what they say... they will moan about anything... well i know they do in my trust!! Just stay positive, eat some nice foods and get some rest :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just A Single Girl, who are you, and why can't the rest of the world be like you?! ;) I TOTALLY agree, Nicola - stick to it, they do have to provide a midwife as I've said before, but I know the hurdle is the faff of fighting for one when you're that pregnant and emotionally and everything-else-ly done in (praise God for doulas!). I also think that you're feeling your waters bulging - if your mucus plug has stopped coming away maybe there's not actually much (any?) left plugging the way? If your waters are bulging through and pressing against your cervix it could feel pretty twingey. But if so - woohoo! Ready to go! Rest up, and hopefully nature will take its course in the next 24 hours. I will pray that it will! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you love and hugs and more labour vibes!!! Come on baby boy! Stop being so stubborn and sign this eviction papers already!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete