Wednesday 30 January 2013

26 weeks 6 days

Well, I'm nearing the end of the second trimester now. I can't believe I'm almost in the third trimester of pregnancy!! My second pregnancy seemed to go fast, but my third is zooming by! I can hardly believe that it was late last August I found out I was pregnant... about 5 months ago! And now we're at the end of January, and I'll be meeting my new baby boy in around 3 months time.

I am definitely more in tune with his kicks. He is a strong kicker, but it's odd - his kicking sessions, particularly those I get first thing in the morning and last thing at night - feel nothing like the kicks felt with Robert and Christopher. With this little one, my whole tummy feels like it's "blopping" rather than strong localised kicks. As well as the early morning and late night kicks, he also goes through a kicking spate around 4pm. I've not noticed any other patterns so far. But I didn't really notice patterns with Robert and Christopher at all. I felt a bit like a bad mother for that, especially when you read things like "you should be getting to know your little one's movement patterns by now, and if you get changes to the pattern you should get checked out straight away".

On other baby related stuff. As I think I have said, I've been struggling with the whole name issue. I finally talked to Jonathan about it, and he said that if I was really unhappy with the name, then he'd pick one off a shortlist I make. Just knowing that has instantly made me feel better, I don't know what I would pick, but I am feeling more at peace with the whole situation, and feel in a much more compromising mood! Yesterday afternoon, while the boys were playing with their grandparents, I drove over to their local Tesco, and did a shop. While there I also looked at the baby boy clothes. Which, unsurprisingly were mainly different shades of blues and greys. But I found a gorgeous little top which was cream with red, navy and yellow stripes, I found this in size 3 months. A red and white stripey jumper (for 12-18 months LOL) and I bought a pack of 2 bandana bibs. Looking in the girls section, it's strange how girls get leggings but boys don't!! Some of them weren't even all that "girly". It's a shame that the clothes have to be segregated like that so people often don't look in the other section. But that's another pet peeve of mine, along with tshirts for girls saying "it's hard being this cute!" but boys ones saying "it's TOUGH being me!" Anyway, stepping off my soap box... ;) Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Once he's arrived, will you reveal the name that Jonathan originally chose? Curious as we went thru the same thing when we had our 4th. But in the end, our 3 older children actually named her, a name we grew to love but did not register for quite a while. Now we can't imagine her being anything but the name she has. I must say, naming is the hardest part of pregnancy for me! But I love all their names once they arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 3 does fly by in a blink of an eye. I didn't seem to be pregnant long with Liam at all compared to the other two (though at the time I think the baby discomfort thing near the end wouldn't have seemed that way) but I think alot of it is that having 2 kids already keeps you so busy that you don't have so much time to worry about the pregnancy when all appears to be going smoothly. Even reading your blog, August seems ages ago now but it's been a quick pregnancy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do we get to know the short listed names?? ;) hehe. Very cute outfits! Can't believe you're getting so close already. Time is just flying by. :)

    ReplyDelete