Tuesday 5 February 2013

27 weeks 5 days update

Well... what to update with! This pregnancy is going very smoothly thus far. Which I'm grateful for. But I am eating far less healthily than I want to, or should. I feel like I have not been eating as many veg as I should, probably not getting very far in my "5 a day" and all of those probably being fruit. And I believe that is why, the last couple of days, I've been feeling a bit bad in my digestive track - the last few days I have had (and sorry for TMI): diarrhoea, horrendously stinky wind, eggy burps and heartburn. I really want to try and eat better, and get myself feeling healthier, and not piling on so many pounds. I've gone from a size 12 pre-pregnancy, to size 16 maternity clothes, and I am feeling whale-like, and not in a good pregnancy way. I guess that's what comes of finding a good brownie recipe, and still not kicking the christmas eating regime.

On pregnancy related care, my next midwife appointment is on the 13th February. Before then, preferably I suppose this Friday or next Monday, I need to get my 28 week blood tests done. I think I'll end up doing those while Robert is in nursery, and bringing Christopher with me, and hoping he's ok in the room. We have a local outpatient clinic which is a very short drive away, so fairly convenient for me to get to.

Another thing that's happening soon is that we're getting our new dining furniture. We had a small table, which seats 4 comfortably, 6 less comfortably. We're going to get a table which seats 6 more comfortably, with possibly more at a squeeze. It's on order to arrive on the 16th February, and we've organised for my mum to come up that day as well so they can take our current table away with them, so we're not left table-less, or left hoarding a table and chairs for ages. We are also planning on getting the kitchen completely finished and decorated by then. I made a start on it last week, finally getting around to painting the wood skirting, windowsill, and small partition window frame with a primer undercoat. This morning, while Robert was at nursery, and Christopher was at the inlaws, I put plaster primer on the walls in the kitchen so when that's dry, we should be able to start painting. For a start we'll just do magnolia on all but one wall, the last wall I have bought a "cappucino" coloured paint. And I might see about getting a patterned paint roller to put an effect over the top of the cappucino wall.

I think though all the stretching and reaching into awkward places pulled a ligament on my right hand side. I felt uncomfortable and in pain on the right of my bump all afternoon, and only noticed it had eased off by the evening. But as it's eased off, I think I'll try and get round to priming the ceiling plaster tomorrow, so hopefully we'll be finishing off the decorating this weekend. Which will be a relief when it's done :) One less job to finish before baby arrives. Then to get cracking on sorting out the old study, and bringing everything else we need for the study back down here. Then we should have a bit of breathing space upstairs to sort out the boys' sleeping situations - move Robert from the cotbed into a single bed (!), moving Christopher from the cot into the cotbed, and moving the cot back into our bedroom. Fun fun, but at least plenty to keep us busy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment