Monday 18 February 2013

29 weeks 4 days - HEARTBURN. Ick.

So... heartburn has arrived... well and truly arrived. And it's horrid!! I've been getting bouts of it every single day for about the last 5 days or so, pretty severe ones, to the point where I did take gaviscon for the first severe lot, then remembered just how gross gaviscon was, and put up with worse heartburn than I should have done really to avoid taking it again. I've bought some rennies which say they are suitable in pregnancy, and I have a couple of those if I get a bad bout of it. I know they're not as good as the "mangoop" as I call it for sorting it out, but they're infinitely nicer (and remind me of the refresher sweets!!). Maybe baby boy is having a hair growth spurt? ;) He is also getting bigger, I often feel him stretching out, and feel his foot just pushing out of the side of my tummy, so hard it almost hurts! And I had two comments this morning, as I took Robert to nursery, about how in just a week my tummy seemed to have got lots bigger. I still haven't taken 28 week photos - I think I'll save it for 30 weeks now, and I've finally had the 24 week photos transferred to the computer so I'll sort those out too. I guess by 30 weeks it'll be quite some difference!!

My appetite has shot up too. Although I'm not always making the healthiest choices :/ I know I'm getting fatter again as well as getting the bump... and I know if my eating habits continue this way I'll keep going up and up! At least I am getting a bit of exercise each day - even if it isn't a lot, as we do live quite close to the school. But by the time we're walking back up our street, I find myself getting tired and out of breath. I know this is partly because I'm pregnant, pushing a buggy with a 2 year old in, but also I'm guessing the poor diet I'm currently eating isn't helping. Must try to eat better - I think for lunch today, even though I've snacked TERRIBLY this morning since Robert's been in nursery, I will try and do a hard boiled egg and ham salad with mayo. The kids might eat it too, at least I'll give them some and see how much they eat!!

Anyway, time to go, and pick up Robert from nursery :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh the heartburn! I remember those days! :( hope it isn't bad for the rest of your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete