Saturday 9 February 2013

Cloth nappies

So, when I was pregnant with Robert, I entertained the idea of using cloth nappies. I liked the idea of the financial and economical benefits to using them, but felt so overwhelmed in the end by the idea of them. But... This time I have decided to bite the bullet and go for it. My sister in law has given me two tot bots nappies and a waterproof wrap. I have also bought some second hand nappies from a Facebook friend. £15 including postage for 6 mother care wraps with lots of washable insert pads, and 2 bambino Mia wraps with 11 insert pads. Plus a load of flushable liners, some washing powder etc. Anyway these have given me some idea of how to use them, so I'm feeling less daunted by the process! I have a feeling that we'll need to get to know how much padding to put in but I'm sure it'll be a piece of cake. :)

4 comments:

  1. I love cloth nappies. I used them with Sophie and am still using them with Eli. Once you get the ratio of inserts needed for your particular child, then it is pretty easy. Plus the covers/outers can be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. before Harry arrived I got myself all set up to use cloth nappies but my mistake was to go for a particular brand without any trying anything but that is baby brain for you. Result is that my lill guy's skin is too sensitive for cloth nappies and i'm stuck with about 12 miosolo nappies (all in one bambino mio) and a couple of rolls of disposable liners and still spending loads on disposable stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are awesome!! :) you'll love it. And save money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! :) I think you'll love them! They are quite addictive though, be warned! ;)

    We used cloth until Nathan arrived, and gave up soon after, with 3 full time in nappies. I wonder if I might go back to them sometime (it would certainly save money!) but I haven't ever had a time since then without at least 3 in nappies, so maybe not! ;) Right now I have 3 full time plus one at night time, and a new nappy-wearer growing! :) Can't fathom the washing demands, lol! Would you try them with Christopher as well?

    ReplyDelete