Thursday 2 August 2012

Goals

I wish I had a "before" shot with stuff piled under, but I don't (booo) instead though, here from beginning to end, are pictures of our under stairs area.  I'm so happy with them, it just makes the area look so much nicer!!










Getting the cupboards done and painted (although I think I would like to paint inside too at some point - me being Mrs Perfectionist and all) has helped me realise that I NEED goals for the house.  They really are helping keep me sane.  I need to be working towards something that I will benefit from, and the whole family too.

Now that's done, we are properly focussing on getting the garage converted.  We have put in planning application, and now we just have to wait on that.  We should receive it by no later than mid September.  So right now, our goal is to clear the corner of the garden to put a shed up there, so we can put the stuff that's currently in the garage, in the shed.  I have been working on cutting down bushes, and emptying the compost heap so far.  This Saturday the in-laws are coming round to help finish with the bushes and dig them up, and possibly start on laying the concrete foundation for the shed.  I am hoping to finish emptying the compost heap by Saturday.  It's hard work, and my arms are aching every day, but I feel good :)  Then once the garage has actually been converted, we will have to decorate it, perhaps buy some additional cupboards for the extended kitchen.  I am very much looking forward to it all :)

Here is the garden as of yesterday.  I've cleared a bit more compost since then.  I probably have between 3/4 and 2/3 left to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment