Tuesday 21 August 2012

Rare post

I find myself rarely posting now, I'm not sure why.  I am wondering if I post here for me to read or others.  If it's the latter, I feel a bit dejected because I don't get many comments.  If it's the former, I should really post more.  But it's almost like I a) don't have time b) don't know what to write.

Here goes for an update anyway.

1. Robert starts nursery (pre-K?) next month.  In fact he will be starting exactly one month from today.  His home visit is on the 6th.  He is so ready to have more structured activities set for him.

2. We are having a second holiday this year.  We're going away for a week inbetween Robert's home visit and when he starts nursery.  We're going to Devon (which isn't far from Cornwall where we went before) and staying in a log cabin for the week.

3.  It is Christopher's SECOND birthday next month!!  I can't believe it!  He's discovered the delights of muffling sounds by sticking his fingers in his ears, and always giggles when he does this. :)  He loves dinosaurs, and any sort of animal really, but I will be making him a dinosaur cake for his birthday!  When Robert was his age, he was already a big brother!  I can't quite imagine Christopher as a big brother yet, although hopefully he will soon be one.

4.  We're in the final countdown for this month's 2WW.  Tests are on order!

5.  I'm getting more and more confident with driving all the time.  Still have the occasional "whoops" like taking a bend too fast, etc, but on the whole it's getting better.

6.  Robert is going to his first funeral this Friday.  This will be Christopher's 3rd. (He went to two last year as he was still tiny enough to be no problem, and we left Robert with his grandparents for the day).  Jonathan's maternal grandmother died last week, after several years in a care home, with dementia.  Towards the end she didn't even recognise her own daughter anymore (my mother-in-law) which was obviously very upsetting :(

7.  We went to see my family last weekend, and the boys saw their last living great-grandparent, my mum's mum.  She really loved seeing them, and although she's in the stages of paranoid dementia, she still remembered (after prompting) who I was, and remembered Jonathan's name by herself, and even remembered details of our last visit to her at Christmas, which was good.  She's finally in a good care home, so that's a load off my mum's mind.

8.  We've got the concrete base for the shed built, we now have to order a shed, built and paint that, and then empty the garage so that work can be done converting it.

That's about it for now, maybe I'll get my blogging mojo back soon, feel free to leave a comment to inspire me! ;)

7 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your posts! Not always so great about leaving comments though - sorry! :S I can't believe Christopher will be 2 so soon! When are you due to test this cycle? I'm so EXCITED!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Alice :D I'm on CD 33, and my cycles are anywhere between 29 days and 35 days. My tests have been shipped apparently, so I'll be doing a test when they arrive (and/or the morning after, because my pregnancies always seem to be fairly weak HCG-wise at the beginning). Only 2 of my 8 cycles since C was born have been greater than 33 days, so keeping my fingers crossed :)

      Delete
  2. Nice to see you back. Yay for birthday month September. This year has gone FAR too fast. Well done with getting better on the driving. I can't wait to pass my test but sort of scared about driving on my own after. Thats a big step!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a huge step, and its not easy at first but it does get better! The first thing my instructor said to me after I got my certificate was "congratulations, now the real learning begins" and he wasn't wrong!

      Delete
  3. You know I'm always here reading! Love the numbered post to. Fingers crossed for this cycle and good job on the driving. Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, your blog layout is AWESOME!!!! Thank you for having used my kit in such a gorgeous way!!!! I envy you!

    Good luck with your driving too! I can't drive ;-))

    Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete