Wednesday 29 August 2012

Wooohooo :)

Thank you so much for the congrats in the last post!  I'm so excited by this pregnancy!  I wondered if I would get a sudden attack of the cold feet but so far - not!  Yesterday I booked my appointment to book in with the midwife.  Which happens to be on the same day that Robert starts nursery.  I'll be a little under 9 weeks by then.  I'm really not confident on my dates at all.  As far as I'm concerned there is a 6 day window, which is quite large really!  It's still my same midwife who works in the community in my town, but she's away on holiday for that week so my booking in will be with someone else.

I took my last pregnancy test today... and got a 100% undeniable BFP.  My last one from the First Response was faint but there - on the 25th.

The one from 4 days ago: 


And the one from today:






Booking the midwife appointment has made it real to me now, I think I will get a scan around mid October.  Which will hopefully give me some proper dates.

Some thoughts through my head already:  I'd like to give home birth another go.  I don't know how much of a challenge that will be due to my gestational diabetes with Christopher.  Will I get re-tested - probably - if I am diagnosed again that will make getting a home birth more difficult.  I will have to think about my options, whether I can refuse the test, but keep an eye on my own blood sugar levels.  If my refusal to get a glucose test done will make the health service want to refuse me a home birth or anything like that.  Whether my last birth will go in my favour - that I only monitored myself during labour and levels were fine, and that had I gone to natural term with C, he would likely not have been as big as R, so birthing size wise shouldn't have been a problem.  Well, I've got a long time to think about all these things!

No comments:

Post a Comment