Tuesday 28 September 2010

3 days old

Ahhh, well Christopher is 3 days old (well almost, half an hour or so til he is properly!). Tonight will be our second night at home and we are still trying to settle down and into a proper routine (well, as much as having a newborn around can have a routine!).

I had my first home visit from the midwife today, not my antenatal one unfortunately, but maybe I'll get to see Beverley later this week. She did of course turn up during Robert's nap (and also at a time we managed to get Christopher asleep in his cot!) grrr. She's happy enough with everything, except the fact that Christopher hadn't pooed since Monday morning (he has since done one - hurrah!) and she said if he hadn't done one by 9am tomorrow to phone up the community midwives office to arrange an extra home visit, but since he has pooed, all is well, for now :)

My milk has come in last night, it's still the "changing" milk so there isn't a HUGE amount of it, but there is enough to make my little man gulp away while feeding, and to produce MASSIVE burps lol! And definitely more of it than there was with Robert. Christopher now feeds for roughly half an hour at a go due to the increase in milk, compared to 1 hour+ (with tickles to keep him awake) while I was in hospital. My breasts have been very engorged today, even after Robert going on one for a long time they still feel hard and sore. So hopefully they'll settle down soon, but I did express some milk earlier in the evening, and I got about 2oz, just under, which I think is pretty good going for 3 days post partum!

Christopher has just woken, and Jonathan's changing his nappy. Poor little soul does NOT enjoy nappy changes, and SCREAMS until his little legs have been tucked away again into his babygrow :) He did another poo so yay for that :)

Anyway, gotta go! We're hoping we have a better night than last night - little man wouldn't bring up his wind properly and would only sleep well on his side, and even then that was for barely 15 minutes! In the end we brought him into bed with us as that was the only way he ended up sleeping for longer than half an hour, and even then I kept waking up with a dead arm. He's slept much better in his cot today, so fingers crossed it will be a bit better!

2 comments:

  1. Yay that you are back at home. How does Robert like his little brother? I can't wait to see pictures of Robert and Christopher together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely update! I can't wait for more photos too! I didn't see the birth story photos when I read that last night, so I was excited to see them tonight! :)

    Sounds like breastfeeding is going really well! I found with Matthew that my milk was in within 48 hours too (soooo much faster than with Arthur!) and making Arthur my "pump" completely prevented engorgement for me, so I never had to pump for relief. If I started to feel too uncomfy I asked him if he would have some milky and he always obliged! ;) I think I would have been painfully engorged otherwise as I had such a ton of milk. Can Robert help when it gets uncomfy?

    Hope you have a better night tonight! xxx

    ReplyDelete