Wednesday 5 September 2012

something funny Robert said to me today.

I have told Robert that I have a baby in my tummy. Primarily because he kicked it once, and I didn't want it to be a repeat performance. But also because I was excited to see what his reaction would be! It's lovely having a child who shows some understanding of the matter. Most of the things Robert has said about the baby have been things like "will the baby play with me?" And I've responded with things like "yes I'm sure the baby will, when he comes out". Another was "when the baby comes out, he will talk like me!" Very cute!

This morning, Robert was laying next to me in bed when he suddenly looked concerned and said to me "mummy, when the baby comes out, how will he get out? (he looked up and down me at this point) You don't have a hole in you ANYWHERE!" I gave him a little cuddle, and told him that its ok, the baby won't be coming out for a LONG time, but when he does, he'll be coming through a hole between mummy's legs. Thankfully, that seemed to satisfy for an answer. :)

I would like to have a home birth this time, so it would be good to prepare Robert gently for what will happen, incase he happens to be awake at the time.

I just found the question this morning funny, he was looking at me as though he expected there to be a hole in my ARM, or leg, or in the side of my belly. Lol. :) Christopher should have a bit more understanding than Robert did as well, as he'll be almost 9 months older than Robert was when his baby brother was born. Can't wait to see what the baby will look like! To see if I get any clues from the scans! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love this!! :) I love it when they are old enough to really understand and be excited, too. So much fun! Nathan used to keep telling me that the baby would come out through my tummy, as though it would just open up (ta-da!) at the appropriate moment, lol! I think he was probably Robert's age-ish at the time. He didn't accept my explanation (similar to yours, but with the anatomical names) for ages, such was his confidence in his own interpretation! ;)

    I'm SO excited still!!!! I feel the same as you about being eager to see what the baby will look like, and clues from the scans! Wheee, so lovely! :) Are you saying "he" by default, or because you have a hunch?!..

    ReplyDelete