Thursday 22 July 2010

29 weeks! Appointment updates and belly picture

Hello! Well I am now 29 weeks! I can't believe I'm 1 week away from 30 weeks! Then I'll be in my 30s all the way until baby is born (give or take a few weeks haha!)

Squidge is so so so active, I'm thinking as time goes on that s/he MUST be more active than Robert was. I'm sooo looking forward to meeting him/her and finding out whether it is a him or a her!

Facebookers will know that my appointments this week were either end of the spectrum. The consultant appointment on Monday was a waste of time, pure and simple. We waited in the waiting room for an hour and a half past our appointment time, to be told that he'd prefer me to have the baby in hospital (but he wouldn't "lock me up in here" if I decided not to), that I probably wouldn't have any growth scans, and that I needed to see the diabetic consultant. His reasoning for him preferring me to have a hospital birth was purely and simply because Robert was big and his delivery was tough. Well, without knowing if Squidge is going to be big for certain what use is that??? I am very much hoping that my diabetes consultant appointment gives me more acceptable answers that are relating to SQUIDGE'S birth, and not Robert's.

Yesterday I had my appointment with the diabetic nurse and the dietician. Which was very informative and has put my mind at rest regarding a lot of things. I have been given a finger prick kit and taught how to use it, and been told that as long as my blood sugar levels are below 7.8 that's fine, and to wait an hour after each meal before testing. My breakfast of toast with jam brought my sugar levels to 7.2 after an hour (and 10 minutes) so that's good :) Will try again tomorrow and see if maybe any less jam does the same. Or maybe try my usual cereal and see what happens with that. The next two days are really about experimenting, seeing how high my usual meals and eating habits send my sugar levels, and then the weekend will be about adjusting that.

Anyway, so that's that :)

I had a good birthday weekend, I saw my mum and she was thrilled to spend so much time with Robert (and delighted in his new speaking, and his running around on tip toes!). For my birthday present she took me to matalan and helped me pick out some new tops I could wear as maternity (they weren't specifically maternity clothing yet again, but they look great with my bump!)

I got this one in this pink and in a green...


I got this one which will be great for BF after the baby is born too!


I got this one in green and white stripes..


And I got another one which I can't actually find on the website :( It's quite a long one with a nice funky blue pattern on it, I do actually wonder if it's a dress but I would never wear it as such ;)

Anyway here is my 28 week belly shot (which I took last week!)


And for comparison, Robert's 28 week belly shot


That's about it for now really! Thank you for your comments on the last few entries, I love reading them!

3 comments:

  1. without sounding rude, the belly pics look very similar but your thighs and bottom look so much slimmer! You can see you lost weight before this pregnancy by the more defined bump as well. Well done.

    I can't believe it's so close to another birthday!!! :) (I still think it's another boy, even if you have less weight around your bottom half.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Becca - you so look slimmer in the top picture. (I hope that doesn't sound rude, it was just one of the first things I noticed.) I so can't wait to see pictures of you at 38 or so weeks! How exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I am definitely slimmer in the thigh department at least, I am able to wear all the maternity trousers I bought when I was pregnant with Robert that were too tight around my thighs then! Thought they were a waste of money but they're proving useful this time round! :)

    Those blue trousers in the top photo were one of the ones I bought when I was pregnant with Robert but couldn't wear in the later stages!

    ReplyDelete