Monday 26 April 2010

16 weeks 4 days - Robert's first word!

So... you mostly already know, but last night my baby boy said his first word! I'm not entirely sure if he's using it in the right context (he might think it means tickles) but he kept squealing in the cutest little voice "egg-GEH!" after I'd tickle him and ask if I should do it again :) He is just such a little poppet! (most of the time!)

Also what is really cute is how now, when he's having his bedtime milk, I will say to him "do you want Mummy to sing you a song?" and he'll sort of grunt at me while feeding, and his whole little body moves with the emphasis :) Today I was feeding him, and bless him he looked sooo sleepy (usually he's wide awake and playing with his hands) and just lying there peacefully, his eyes keeping on drooping and eventually he loosened his latch and I said to him "do you want to go to bed?" and he grunted a little and loosened his latch more. When I took him into his room I said goodnight, and told him I loved him like usual, and he remembers that I also give him a kiss, and he turned towards me with his mouth open for a kiss :) (still got the open mouthed kisses! But I shall miss them so much when he learns to kiss properly!)

This photo just makes my heart melt! (and I'm SO SO pleased that Jonathan kept it, he's notorious for deleting ANY photo that's not perfectly sharp, regardless of whether it's an otherwise good photo!)



I just love him so so so much, and that just far outweighs any exasperation or frustration I ever have with him!

As for my pregnancy... this week I am feeling far more kicks and also, for the first time, fairly early wriggles!! I never felt wriggles this early with Robert, and I did always ponder the description of "fluttering" but now I know they were on about baby moving, somersalting, rather than kicking, which feels like the popping bubbles :) I don't feel movements or kicks every day, but I do feel them quite often now, which I am just loving!!

I am also excited because I found out today that Jonathan has definitely booked us a holiday for the middle of June! I've not been on a holiday for years and as I'll only be 23/24 weeks along that week I'll be feeling not too big and heavy, feeling lots of lovely kicks. :) Our first (and last!) holiday with just the three of us! Because just four months after we'll be a family of 4!

Anyway, that's all for now, I doubt it'll be long before I'm updating again!

No comments:

Post a Comment