Wednesday 2 September 2009

9 months old!

I can hardly believe that Robert has now been in our lives for 18 months! He is turning into such a little character, and he is already such a cheeky chap that even though he is doing something I don't want him to do (like pulling all the dvd cases off the bookshelf, or playing with the knob on the radiator) he shoots me this cheeky grin and I can't help but smile right along back at him!

He is also getting the hang of games. In particular, after I've given him a bath, I'll cover his face with the towel, and say "Where's Robert??" and he'll whip the towel off his face and grin at me while I say "Peep-bo!" or "There he is!" After a while he cottons on and actually covers his face back up himself! It's so so sweet!

He has also realised that things are still there when they get covered up. He goes over to it, and whips off the blanket to reveal whatever we have hidden in such glee!









Although we do usually do it with an inanimate object, like Daddy's keys ;) Having his grandad suddenly revealed made him jump and then made his lip quiver lol!

My dad and step-mum came up for the day on Monday, which was lovely, we went out for lunch in the same restaurant we told them we were expecting! Then we went for a walk around Stanwick Lakes, we picked blackberries en route and fed them to Robert. And got the first photo of Robert with Dad and Caroline together.



Something I can't quite believe, but I can, if you know what I mean, was that on Sunday, Robert took his first steps! Four careful deliberate steady steps in a row! He hasn't done it since, well not as many, but we are so so proud! It's not going to be long before he's running around!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, I've followed you over here at last! Catching up now... I love the new blog! The header is beautiful.

    Oooh congrats to Robert on his very first steps!!! How exciting! I am not at all surprised, like you :) What a little go-getter!

    ReplyDelete