Tuesday 18 December 2012

20 weeks and 5 days - tomorrow is the day!!

Well, I've posted a new photo in the belly gallery here. I took it yesterday, 4 days late - doh! Never mind.

The scan is TOMORROW!! At 3.45pm GMT. I have decided that if baby is co-operative and we do get to find out, that we will be keeping it a secret - at least til after Christmas!! So if you do want to find out, and can keep it off my FB wall, then feel free to email me or PM me on facebook and I'll tell you individually. The reason being that we are going to make some cakes - a big one for christmas day, to take to the in-laws, and maybe some cupcakes for when we see my mum, with the appropriate colour inside ;) So, we may well lie (gasp) on FB and say we weren't able to find out, or we might say it's a surprise, I don't know ;) Until we spill the beans publicly after Christmas :) But I do appreciate some of you may be eager to find out before then ;)

The last week has sort of crawled by, but when I think that this time last week I was sitting despairing that it was EIGHT WHOLE DAYS away, and now it's tomorrow, it feels like it's flown by! Isn't that strange!! Anyway I know that little baby is fine, at least kicking away. I do hope there are no medical issues of course. But baby has definitely found some strength and discovered it's fun to kick around and so on, because I get such hard little pokes these days!! It's lovely, even if some of them do take me by surprise! I love the baby kicks!

I also bought myself a new outfit today. I went to Tesco in Northampton while the boys were being watched by my mother in law, in search of some maternity leggings. I didn't find any maternity gear, but I picked out some size 16 regular leggings, which were more comfy than my normal size 16 jeans, and might have a little growth room in, and should also be good for post-partum once I've grown out of them in this pregnancy. I also bought a nice long jumper (which will hopefully hide some of the lumps and bumps on my thighs that the leggings highlight!) and some little mini boots as well. ;) I've got a couple of cardis I can wear over the top of some short sleeve tops in the meantime as well, so all I need now are some nice legwarmers to keep me snuggly in the cold weather, which I've asked my mum to knit for me ;)

That's about it news-wise! I hope to be back with good news this time tomorrow :)

4 comments:

  1. I will certainly be messaging you :) I am very excited to hear the news xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to find out if your boys are getting a little brother or sister!! I will have to message you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I will be messaging you too!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too! I want to knooooow!! Good luck! Xx

    ReplyDelete