Thursday 19 July 2012

Birthday

So.... I am now one year older than I was this time last year. Entering the last year of my twenties.  I had a fabulous day yesterday.  I really enjoyed myself!  J spoilt me, and the four of us went out in the morning to a farm.  The farm itself wasn't brilliant but the play areas were good and the boys had a ball - despite the massive school party that we had to share it with ;)  Then went to the in-laws, who babysat the boys, and J and I went out to the cinema.  As the cinema finished sooner than we thought, we headed to B&Q to get some supplies for finishing off the cupboard, and then to PC world to get my new iPad a protective case (the old one has a very annoying fault on the screen, probably from being repeatedly dropped on the floor by little hands - maybe we can ebay it off to get some money back, maybe it'll be able to be fixed).  Then went out for a meal.  We tend to eat out at restaurants with the boys fairly often, and it was pleasant to not be spending the entire meal picking up toys, inticing food into mouths, and not having to worry about the volume coming from our table!

I had my CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) this morning.  What with the holiday, I'm feeling a lot better generally, and I've realised that I do really need to keep goals an active and prominent feature in my life.  I just feel better if I am working towards something.  The cupboard for our stairs really helped me see that.  I still have to stain that, and put handles on.  And we are also working towards getting our garage converted.  We have submitted planning applications (it's not necessary for most of the country to submit applications for a garage conversion but it is for our street!), and now hopefully soon we'll have that come through and we can start work.  But before that can get started, we need to get a shed up in the garden, which means laying a concrete base, and we need to empty out the garage of things we don't need anymore, which means getting things sold.  I'm hoping that the focus on the future will really help, not only to keep my mind occupied, but also it's all little steps towards the big picture - getting our home the way we want it to be.  Which is a BIG job so it should take a while!! ;)

On possible new baby news.  Yesterday afternoon I had a small amount of spotting, slight pinkness when I wiped.  Since then I've had nothing, or at least very little.  At least I know my period, if it is coming, should be arriving in the next day or so.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a fab birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bit late, but Happy birthday :)

    Better late than never.. *giggle*

    ReplyDelete