Friday 25 February 2011

5 months old!

Christopher is five months old today. At this very moment, five months ago, I was just settling down to let Christopher perform the birth crawl! These last five months have just FLOWN by. He has grown and changed so much! And still such a happy little man!

Five months ago he weighed only 7lb 9oz, he was wrinkled, had the HUGEST frowny look ever, with such a huge crease on the bridge of his nose! But oh so perfect!



And today, he is a lovely cuddly happy little guy, with huge grins and big chuckles, already willing to flash his dimples at every opportunity! Such a curious little guy too!



He is trying to roll over - desperately! He has managed it from his front to his back several times. He wakes up from front sleeping, and will have flung himself onto his back and be bashing his hands on the cot mobile base unit, turning the music on! He has been trying with a vengeance the last few days to roll from back to front. He manages to get over half way, but can't quite get that last little bit!

I am also proud to say that he is still exclusively breastfed! Robert had his first tastes of food ridiculously (shamefully!) early, but then after some inevitable number 2s that went everywhere, I decided to wait until later before giving him more - later being around 5 months and 1 week. I am now much better educated on weaning matters than I was with Robert, I don't like to play the "ignorance" card, as I KNEW the recommended time was to wait til 6 months, but I didn't know the risks and dangers of introducing food early.

I will be waiting until at least 5 and a half months, but I am thinking that I will probably be stubborn and purposefully wait until 6 months even if he's showing me that he is ready before then just so I am in that 1% of women who exclusively breastfeed until 6 months! Either way he will not miss out at all, he loves his milkies, just like his big brother, and I SWEAR his face lights up when I get myself ready to feed him. :)

I am getting excited to start introducing real food though! Sooo excited! It's such a fun phase of a little person's life! Robert I'm sure will love it too, he keeps trying to feed Christopher food! I left Christopher in the bumbo, and Robert eating his sandwiches at his table for THIRTY SECONDS while I went and got a drink for Robert, to come back and find Robert crouched down next to Christopher holding a sandwich to his mouth! Arghh!

I am debating with myself what to give Christopher first. It's between banana, broccoli, carrot, or pear I think! (the two veg cooked of course!) Ohhhh so exciting! One month to go! I hope it goes quickly! :)

3 comments:

  1. Happy 5 months!! :) It sure has gone by fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is looking so grown up already!!!!

    Little boys really do come along quickly don't they?

    (P.S I responded to your question on my own comments)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww he is gorgeous Nic,he has a look of Robert but now has a look of his own,beautiful!
    x

    ReplyDelete