Friday 18 February 2011

The things kids come out with!

Oh what an amazing perspective children have on the world. I am finding the age Robert is right now absolutely fascinating, and sometimes so so funny! The things he is coming out with now have me in stitches!

The other day, he suddenly announced, while playing with his push along vehicles: "Eye enn-inn av at!!" (Fire engine have hat!) and went and got his (thankfully empty) cup from the table, turned it upside down, and put it over the fire engine's cabin! It was just the right size to sit nicely over the top! Then, pretending to speak as the fire engine, he said "deee doo, Ubberd" (thank you, Robert). So cute!

Then last night, Jonathan was putting Robert to bed, and he said "Now, go and say night night to Mummy, Robert." Robert came into the room, lifted his arms up for me to pick him up, hugged me and said "Marmite, Mummy!" haha!

And this morning, he suddenly announced "Bee up Ubberd nose!" Jonathan said "You've got a bee up your nose???!!" thinking he'd misunderstood him, or something, and Robert said "yeah!" then he sniffed with his nose, which being slightly bunged up, made a little vibrating noise. Then he went "Bzzzzzzzz!" and started laughing! I couldn't help but laugh too, and Christopher who was on my chest at the time, was shaking around on there lol, when I looked at him he was grinning away, evidently finding me laughing good fun :)

Ahhh I love my boys, I love that Robert is becoming chatty, it's wonderful to have these insights to his world and have these funny little conversations :)

1 comment:

  1. Matthew is finally becoming much more vocal as well. This is my FAVORITE age, when you finally get to know what's going on in those little heads of theirs. You did a great job capturing how Ubberd says things. Write as many of them down as you can - you will LOVE remembering them when he's a proper little speaker. xo

    ReplyDelete