Saturday 1 May 2010

17 weeks 2 days - active Squidge!

I've not been feeling too good for a few days now. Thursday afternoon I was quite irritable, by Thursday evening I was tired, my eyes were just ACHING and I just wanted to go to bed! Friday morning I woke up with a pounding head, a blocked nose, and a head just completely full of fluff! Jonathan suggested he took Robert to his parents for the morning, and I agreed. I took some paracetomol, got Robert ready, and off they went (after checking of course they were ok with it!). How lucky am I to have such wonderful retired in-laws? :) In the end they ended up having Robert the ENTIRE day and well I feel a little bad about having a lovely day relaxing and only missing my baby boy by the end of the day ;) I did a few bits of household stuff but not as much as I originally planned in my head at the beginning of the day!

Today I was feeling better in the morning so we went out as planned with them for lunch, and also saw my sister-in-law whose husband was at a concert or something. I felt fine up until about 3 o'clock or thereabouts. Jonathan, my mother-in-law, Robert and I had gone out for a walk around the village to the local park (which apparently is getting a huge amount of funding to spruce up soon - very exciting as it only has a slide, 4 swings, a see-saw and a basketball hoop) and then we went back via a field that had sheep in it (don't worry they never let us get close!) and I started getting a bad headache during the walk, and took some paracetomol when I got back, then started to feel tired again.

I laid down on the sofa for a while, and when I did, I felt *pop* *pop* going on as little Squidge thought this the perfect moment to do some kung fu in my belly :) What surprised me most was the force behind those little kicks as they were significantly harder than any other kicks I've felt recently! So much so I even put my hand on my belly to see if they could be felt from the outside! And I am actually thinking I *may* have felt one with my hand shortly into his/her kicking session!

It has made me more determined to set aside some "quiet" time during each day to lie down and see if I can feel Squidge as I nearly cried today I cherished every single kick with a big smile on my face :) I have been on the go all during this pregnancy and today I just realised how I should really just spend some time to enjoy the good things about it, especially now I am into the "good part"! ;)

I am still feeling pretty awful tonight, but hopefully Squidge will cheer me up somewhat later. :) And I have just under 4 weeks to go until I see Squidge again. Part of me feels a little strange that I won't be finding out the sex, that I'll be avoiding looking there, that Squidge will remain a s/he, but I'm so looking forward to seeing him/her again, seeing the cute profile, and hopefully finding out that s/he is just about as perfect as can be!

Another thing I am thinking of doing, is getting together some albums. As some of you know I make graphics, I am thinking of putting together scrapbooking pages of Robert, ranging from in the womb, newborn, BLW, new skills he has learnt gradually, and getting them all put into a lovely album as a wonderful keepsake for us, and then for Robert to have when he gets older. I would love to get started on this now, but it's nearly 11pm and I am getting tired. It might well be something I have to start at a later point, but I've wanted to get a proper PHYSICAL keepsake for Robert. We have so so many photos, all online... graphics I've made and had made for me... online... and other things like that. It would be lovely to have something to flick through and to show friends and family. So many things have progressed into the virtual world, now and again it's nice to revert back to the real world. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment