Wednesday 8 March 2017

39 weeks 6 days with baby number 4

So, it's my due date tomorrow. Baby girl is still wriggling away, and I have no idea how far away labour will be. Last Tuesday (38w 5d) I had an evening full of contractions that had a definite peak, although they remained quite mild, but because they were 3 minutes apart, and lasting upwards of 40 seconds, I called the labour ward, who contacted the on-call midwife, who basically said it was up to me, she could come out and check me, or I could call back later. As it was 10pm or so by this point, and I'm planning on having no internal examinations, I told her I would call her back later if necessary. Well I went to bed, and by morning they had gone away. Fast forward 8 days and still nothing to speak of, nothing more than ordinary Braxton hicks although they do get quite strong when walking around.

I'm enjoying feeling her move around inside me, seeing a leg or foot sweep across my belly because it's so crowded in there for her now! I'm trying to count my blessings that I'm still pregnant with her, that soon enough she'll be here and I'll never feel a foot kick me from the inside anymore. But I am also so eager to see her, to hold her and get to know her, and for her horde of big brothers to meet her and fall in love with her too. To see whether she has a mop of dark hair like her brother's all did at birth. It could be today, or tomorrow, next week or even a fortnight away. Time will tell!

1 comment: