Wednesday 3 October 2012

Small bleed, 10 weeks

Yesterday afternoon I went to the toilet, and wiped away a fairly large amount of CM. In that CM was a glob of dark red. This is the first time I've had this sort of bleed at anything greater than 8 weeks. I knicker watched for the rest of the day, and this morning too, and about 20 minutes after the bleed I phoned the foetal health unit for advice and they didn't seem too concerned. They said if it became persistent, I should go to A&E, or I could go anyway if I was really worried. They said it might just be a bleed from the cervix. Thinking about that, as it was in CM, maybe that was the source of the bleed. I've had no more red stuff since, so keeping fingers crossed that it's a one off...

4 comments:

  1. fingers and toes crossed..... after my m/c, i knicker watched and toilet paper watched for my entire pregnancy with Oliver (i still do it now sometimes by accident hehe!) I had one very small (as in miniscule) bleeding incident with him and of course panicked and went to A&E - only to be shown an extremely active Oliver kicking away on the portable ultrasound machine. they guessed it was a tiny burst blood vessel somewhere up there. i'm sure everything is just perfect :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! That's always the worst feeling. Fingers crossed all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't sound too bad beings it was dark and not a fresh bleed, I'm sure all is fine but thinking of you. hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know all too well how scary bleeding in pregnancy is, even a little bit of it is so worrying! I hope you've had no further spotting or bleeding and are not feeling anxious about it! xxx

    ReplyDelete