Wednesday 17 October 2012

11 weeks 6 days - Dating Scan!

Well, as you can see, my dates have been put back a bit ;) I was unofficially due on 27th April 2013, now I'm due 2nd May 2013. Dated at 11 weeks 6 days today. The second she put the scanning device on my belly, she said "One baby, and a heartbeat". We saw the baby, but how she could have seen the heartbeat so quickly is amazing! The scan was quite long, she showed us the arms and legs, and she showed us the heart beating as well. Pretty amazing :) It was so clear, and could see the baby bouncing around like crazy, and waving! It was such a relief to see baby moving around, heart beating and everything!

The sonographer said what a photogenic baby we had ;) She tried to go and find an assistant (or trainee, something like that) to come and see as our baby was so co-operative, but couldn't find her, so we just stayed in the room looking at a picture of our baby up on the screen :)

Here are the pics!







Here's a picture of baby's face!! :) So tiny and perfect!










Hope you like them :) The first one, going by nub, looks pretty girly, but the last two look boyish!! And the others don't really show it well. Guess it's going to be a waiting game til 19th December, when we have our second scan :)

4 comments:

  1. yay! Now you can relax and enjoy the pregnancy :)
    Looks like a girly nub to me too, but to be honest they're not super clear. Next scan you'll know for sure especially if baby continues to be cooperative ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go away on dec 16th so I might not get to find out for days. Eek. Still mindset on girl this time and a birthday for may 8th- that's my mums birthday and you had Robert near James birthday, Christopher near Liam's and mine so I know she or he will be within a week or two of that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our 8th wedding anniversary is the 7th May, so likely the baby will come then ;)

      Delete
  3. Awww yay!! Love this :) I can't read nubs at all so I'm no help lol!! Will have to wait til the next u/s. loved the FB update as well and the boys' cute shirts!

    ReplyDelete