Friday 4 May 2012

A few things to update about

Firstly, I had my doctor appointment this afternoon.  I had to take the boys with me, so I came prepared with Octonauts toys, books and apples.  I only needed the apples!  They were so good, and Robert sat on a chair munching his, Christopher sat on my lap munching his, and I talked to the doctor.  He referred me to the wellbeing clinic, and also said they'd take some bloods to check my thyroids and blood count to see if there was a medical issue causing my low moods.  I was quite pleased with that, as I wasn't expecting that at all, didn't even think about that there might be an underlying physical cause behind it.  Overall I felt that he was quite thorough.  He said I could also use anti-depressants, but I said I'd rather start with counselling as I think there must be some underlying issues that there must be and I'd rather deal with them rather than masking symptoms with pills.   So I got my referral for the clinic, and a form to fill in as a starting point for my moods, and a form to hand in for when I have my bloods taken - and at the same time I will get my follow up glucose tolerance to check that I've not still got diabetes.  Before I left I got an appointment with the wellbeing clinic, for 31st May.

Secondly, I have put Christopher on a dairy free diet (well, cows milk free).  The boys were both ill, and their appetites both reduced, as well as that I decided to avoid giving them dairy as that can upset tummies, anyway, a couple of days later I noticed that Christopher's eczema round his mouth looked slightly better.  And wondered if maybe, he's got a slight intolerance for dairy.  Also since his diarrhoea cleared up, his poos have been MUCH firmer, so I am wondering if the dairy again has something to do with it.  I've bought coconut milk for him to have with cereal, (tried it myself, it's quite nice!!) and some more vitalite for his sandwiches.  Unfortunately, the poor thing can't have cheese anymore (until we determine cutting dairy is having no effect) as he loves cheese.  He's had cows milk a couple of times (by accident) as one time  J forgot to put the coconut milk on instead, and the other time he ate the rest of Robert's cereal.  I guess for him to be PURELY cows milk protein free, I need to go dairy free as well.  I think if after a couple of weeks with him being dairy free apart from any traces proteins in my milk, it is almost better, I will try going dairy free for a couple of weeks and see if that helps clear it up completely too.

So there's my check in.  I've been up and down, had a fairly good week this week, thanks to my lovely husband starting off my week in a lovely way for me, leaving me "I Love You!" notes around the house, hidden in places I'd come across them during the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment