Saturday 4 June 2011

Health reviews

In the UK, health reviews are offered at 7-9 months and 2-and-a-half. As luck would have it, Robert is two-and-a-half, and Christopher is 8 months. After a bit of appointment wiggling, due to me initially having 2 separate appointments in 2 separate locations just one hour apart, I managed to get the two boys in on the same appointment. Robert passed all his tests and got measured as 34lbs and 96cm tall. He built a tower for them and did a drawing to show them he could draw a line and a circle. His notes say his speech is half understandable, and got told that if it stopped improving, I should get an appointment with the GP and get a referral to a speech therapist. Something that right now isn't necessary as he is improving all the time.

Christopher got weighed for his, he is now 16lb 3oz, which at 8 months is on the dinky side, between the 2nd and 9th centiles. He is still in age 3-6 clothes, some of which are snug now, and some still have a bit of room. He does seem very different from Robert in that he does seem so tiny to be crawling. I remember when Robert started to stand unaided around this age, he seemed too small to be standing, I can only imagine how small Christopher would look!



Despite weighing so little (goodness, my "friend" would have a field day if she knew how much he weighs, poor starving Christopher), he is meeting his milestones and doing everything they would expect of him, and the health visitor we saw was not worried in the slightest at his weight.

I am relieved, I was bracing myself for some mention about his weight, even though I knew there is nothing to worry about because his temperament, general health, and milestone completion are evidence enough about his well-being.

2 comments:

  1. Glad the boys are well and healthy!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read about the health checks on facebook but missed this entry. I so ♥ your second picture. Truly love it. :)

    ReplyDelete