Thursday 31 January 2008

Names and tests

I was going stir crazy yesterday - just waiting for my period, or for Friday-ish to test if I didn't get my period. today I caved, and did another test - waiting for it now, but I'm still sure it'll be negative (again!).

Yesterday though, I went through a baby names site, and wrote down all I could possibly see myself calling a baby of mine... some of the names I put down ended up surprising me! Those being Malcolm and Lillian - those two aren't my favourites by any means, but they're not bad names, and ones I'd consider - but MALCOLM! lol :) I'd have never thought I'd ever consider Malcolm.

There are some boys names I know Jonathan won't like... he's told me before he doesn't like Brandon. So he probably won't like Brendon. Or Braden. Or Maxwell.

But there are some names I really do quite like at the moment: For a boy: Owen, Robert, Thomas, Elliot, Ethan, Christopher, Aaron.

For a girl: Chloe, Kerryn, Kristen, Leah, Megan, Shannon, Amber.

As for middle names.... well there've been a few instances where middle names were the parent's name - for example, my middle name is my mum's name, my brother's middle name is my dad's name, my mum's middle name is my nan's name.. but my name SUCKS as a middle name... nothing goes well with "Nicola" tagged on the end. Jonathan also is a bit of a mouthful for a middle name. But we were thinking of using names common to both families. There's a boy's name I would really like to use as a middle name, and I think Jonathan agrees would be nice, which is Stephen - which is my brother's name AND Jonathan's dad's name. So it will be a special middle name for both families. And will be a nice surprise hopefully! However, there's no such name like that on the female side, so we'd probably just pick a name we both like to go with it... which is a shame.

Just looked at my test - and negative again... :( Wish my self control was better - I guess I'll just be waiting again for a few more days - I have to expect my period to come this week.. if it's not here by Monday (which would give a 32 week cycle) then I'll test again. Which means only tomorrow to get through since Jonathan will be here for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment