Saturday 17 November 2012

16 weeks 2 days

Well... I feel like I don't have much to say on here anymore. I don't know why. Anyhow, here's some stuff that's been going on.

1. I've been feeling some kicks - very light, and not as often as I did in the 14 week mark. I know there's nothing I can do, but wait for little one to get stronger before I'll feel his kicks more, as I know I'm probably busy when he is kicking.

2. Heartburn is here. Only occasionally so far, and not so bad I need gaviscon. But yep, seems to be a thing of mine in pregnancy, loverly heartburn!

3. Had my glucose tolerance test. Went and had it done Tuesday morning. Going to get the results next Friday, which also is Robert's 4th birthday, but he'll still be in nursery all morning, so that leaves me free to go and see what the news is.

4. I have been taking belly pictures - but got none online yet. I have a 5 week, 10 week and 15 week to go up.

5. I am definitely packing on weight - I just don't know if it's belly weight or just flab :S I fit in my size 12 jeans pre-pregnancy. I am now starting to get uncomfortable in the size 16 jeans I had kicking about. I have practically zero maternity clothes, due to me getting rid of most of them when I lost weight. Tops I'm not so worried about, although some winter ones would be good, but I definitely need a few trousers/skirts (hah, skirts, me??!!).

6. I am definitely able to feel the baby this time - physically through my skin I mean. With my last two pregnancies I was already obese at my booking appointment, this pregnancy I was, with a heavy cardi on, just a smidge into overweight. Sometimes I seem to "lose" the baby, I'm assuming maybe the baby is laying against my back. But at the times when I can lay in bed and see a bump, I can feel a hard lump, find a smooth line for the back, although I can't distinguish the head from the bum! This morning, baby was laying quite high up, on the right. I could feel the back running along the right hand side, crossing over my belly button which I found quite unusual for this gestation!

7. The study is decorated (minus a few finishing touches - a few patches on the ceiling mainly! Carpet is in, and the computers are down, but the upstairs ex-study is still a junk pile, with lots of stuff needing sorting out!

8. Kitchen has been ordered, with work starting on the 26th November. It'll be continuing for 2 working weeks, hopefully with it being functional after 1 working week.

9. Hormones have been raging! I had one HORRIBLE day last week, where I felt unloved, friendless, useless and so on. I've been feeling much better since, so I'm hoping it was simply hormones!

3 comments:

  1. Wow 16 weeks! It's gone so quickly! Good luck with your glucose test :-) hopefully I'll soon be joining the ranks (of pregnancy, not diabetes lol) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Third pregnancies do seem to really fly by and yours is no exception. Sorry to hear the hormones are getting you down. On the whole do you feel more upset or angry and frustrated? I was always feeling fed up and frustrated with the boys - real testosterone troubles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 16 weeks already?! Going by so quickly. Def get the belly pics up, I love looking at them. :) hope you've been feeling better this week. I also hope you post pics of the renos you're doing. Lt me know about your GD too. Maybe you won't have it this time around??

    ReplyDelete