Saturday 17 September 2011

Ohhhh my...

My baby will be turning one next Sunday... I can't believe it! He seems SO much younger than Robert did when he turned one. He is gestationally 2 weeks younger than Robert was... but even so, he does seem soo so so little and much more like a baby. I don't know if this is because Robert was walking since 9 months old, whereas Christopher is just taking his first tentative steps and is nowhere near confident in walking a lot. Or if it's because he's my second baby and I have an older child to compare him to (even though in my head I think I am comparing him to how Robert was, not how Robert is). Or if it's because he is a physically smaller baby than Robert was (he's not even 20lb, maybe not even 19lb, hard to tell for sure - and Robert at 11 months old was 22lb). I don't know! But it doesn't feel like Christopher can possibly be anywhere near 1 yet!

I have been trying out vegan cake recipes, as Jonathan's sister and brother-in-law are vegan. The one I have tried so far made a rather flat and stodgy cake, although quite tasty. I will try another one, and see how that turns out, on just the one layer of sponge. I have decided to be adventurous, and make a themed birthday cake! Christopher, just like his big brother, loves cars, so I am going to make a car cake :) I am really looking forward to making it, and know how it is going to be made, just a little nervous about making some pre-made white icing black for the tyres without it going all gloopy... I'm guessing add extra icing sugar, but we'll see.... if it goes horribly I guess the car can have blue wheels or something! :)

I am also very excited for two blogger friends who have announced pregnancies recently! One more-so than the other as it has followed a looooooong wait, and is so incredibly deserving of a sweet bundle of joy!! But the two pieces of news has made me SO incredibly broody! We are not TTC yet... I haven't even had my first period yet, but I wasn't expecting to have had it though, as Robert was 11 months when it returned after him, and he was nightweaned at around 8 months old, whereas Christopher still isn't nightweaned yet. I would SO LOVE to be pregnant again, but at the same time, I do still want to wait a little while longer. I think if I manage to wait til Christopher is 18 months old, I will deserve a medal!! Hehe! Of course I might not have a choice on matters... we shall see. I think the "not preventing" method might be best for us...

Right, well it's late, and I need my sleep desperately lately... Christopher hasn't been sleeping particularly well.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, thanks for the congrats Nicola - so heartfelt! :) You can hold out and i am so proud of you for doing so because look at the healthy changes you have made in your lifestyle and weight! You may not have done it otherwise and it just shows how committed you are! xoxo

    ReplyDelete